Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what's the problem??? Originally it was stated that there was a player playing from the same IP address, he busted out and then his sister won. So the accusation is that after he busted out he took over for the sister and finished playing the game, winning.

If they didn't play from the same IP, then why would it even come to being suspicious? Just because it's his sister? I just don't understand why the accusation came out. I'm thinking it's only because it happens to be his sister and thus, RIGGED seems to be the only possible answer to the masses.

Innocent, IMO.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
It's clear you don't understand what's going on, the IP thing was just a rumour in the first post as to why he's under investigation. It's widely known that it was him playing the account that won, Stars are just in the process of proving wrong doing by IP methods or otherwise and it sounds like they've managed it. It was quoted earlier ''he is the only **** arrogant enough to put his location as Monte Carlo'' do you really think his sister in her first outing on stars decided to do that?
You're extremely naive and I would suggest giving the poker world a very wide berth....
Old 10-05-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard, from someone I know linked closely to Stars, that it seems that Mark is pretty f'cked at the moment, it looks like he will be getting $0......

Not 100% on the details/evidence why, but I'm sure it will come out and be confirmed in due cause though....

[/ QUOTE ]
yes I'm hearing the same thing from mine too, more than likely same channels....NH Stars
Old 10-05-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's widely known that it was him playing the account that won

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it? What's the evidence of that? Other than rumor that is.

Not trying to dispute it, just trying to establish what we know and how we know what we know.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's widely known that it was him playing the account that won

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it? What's the evidence of that? Other than rumor that is.

Not trying to dispute it, just trying to establish what we know and how we know what we know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm people that know people....obv that's all I can say
You either trust what you're hearing from me and others with the inside track or not, but you'll still have to wait for the final official verdict anyway...I'm just giving you the spoiler
Old 10-05-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm people that know people....

[/ QUOTE ]
Do we also know that the account is registered to his sister and that she has never played before?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what's the problem??? Originally it was stated that there was a player playing from the same IP address, he busted out and then his sister won. So the accusation is that after he busted out he took over for the sister and finished playing the game, winning.

If they didn't play from the same IP, then why would it even come to being suspicious? Just because it's his sister? I just don't understand why the accusation came out. I'm thinking it's only because it happens to be his sister and thus, RIGGED seems to be the only possible answer to the masses.

Innocent, IMO.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
It's clear you don't understand what's going on, the IP thing was just a rumour in the first post as to why he's under investigation. It's widely known that it was him playing the account that won, Stars are just in the process of proving wrong doing by IP methods or otherwise and it sounds like they've managed it. It was quoted earlier ''he is the only **** arrogant enough to put his location as Monte Carlo'' do you really think his sister in her first outing on stars decided to do that?
You're extremely naive and I would suggest giving the poker world a very wide berth....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your argument here is pretty shallow and rather than acting as someone who is in the know, as you claim with your handful of posts on a new account seemingly created to address this topic, you accuse another poster of being naive.

The Internet is full of people who puff themselves up into something they are not. You have offered speculation. Nothing more. If you have something concrete to share, please do. If not, go away or at least refrain from attempting to denigrate someone because they offer an alternate view to the agenda you so want to push.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM

play2kill is playing 25/50 right now, so doubt this rumor has much merit
Old 10-05-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Innocent, IMO.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your argument here is pretty shallow and rather than acting as someone who is in the know, as you claim with your handful of posts on a new account seemingly created to address this topic, you accuse another poster of being naive.

The Internet is full of people who puff themselves up into something they are not. You have offered speculation. Nothing more. If you have something concrete to share, please do. If not, go away or at least refrain from attempting to denigrate someone because they offer an alternate view to the agenda you so want to push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you read my previous post or spend half hour typing that one?
I and other people in this thread have heard from sources in and around pokerstars, you think I'm going to put names out there for your benefit?! loooool
Like I said previously, chose to trust me or ignore me, it wont make any difference to the final verdict...
Kinda funny that people take time to sign up and contribute inside info into this thread and you don't want to know.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Innocent, IMO.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you read my previous post or spend half hour typing that one?
I and other people in this thread have heard from sources in and around pokerstars, you think I'm going to put names out there for your benefit?! loooool
Like I said previously, chose to trust me or ignore me, it wont make any difference to the final verdict...
Kinda funny that people take time to sign up and contribute inside info into this thread and you don't want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should really give us more info then just saying that ud heard from "sources" because as the other poster said play2kill is playing 25/50nl now and if indeed there was multiaccounting with this account then u would think that stars would have banned this account. Either that or Stars is just trying to act like it didn't happen.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Why don't you guys ask Kingbenno who he heard it from and see if he tells you.....
I don't know anymore details other than that currently it looks like he wont be getting paid, don't know what they will use as evidence or if we'll ever hear about it. I most likely will, but doubt I'll bother posting it here if the last couple of posters are a representative sample of the people here.
Closed Thread