Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: What did I tell you about cold calling my reraises?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it just dawned on me, BB can make a loose call PF with a wide range if he thinks CO will call too. He may have easily fell in love with his KJs and think that CO might have been stealing, even this early and that our Hero is making a reraise to protect his button with a weaker hand. I know its a bit of a stretch, but I see it all the time. Just something to consider as think we are still ahead here.

[/ QUOTE ]

then might as well throw in random suited 6's like 56s, 76s, etc which all crush us hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

just throwing out a different line of thought here, nothing big or ground breaking.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:30 PM

naw i feel you
Old 01-27-2007, 05:13 PM

i don't know why you play AJ here. it's a terrible deep-stack NL hand especially against a raise.

I might check behind on the flop since your preflop "bluff" has failed. you know you are probably beaten preflop...so if you bet you have to fold to a c/r. checking protects your stack when you are behind and sometimes induces a callable bluff when you are ahead. it also sometimes "freezes" him when he originally planned to attempt a bluff. (because he will sense your tendency to check/call down)

as played i fold. you can only beat a bluff, and i dont think youre getting proper odds to commit your stack. (even though you are against AK sometimes here)
Old 01-27-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it just dawned on me, BB can make a loose call PF with a wide range if he thinks CO will call too

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he can't, because CO might push.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it just dawned on me, BB can make a loose call PF with a wide range if he thinks CO will call too

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he can't, because CO might push.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually given the stack depth, probably not, he is a lag and prob only pushes QQ+ AK here, his opening range is far more than that.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:27 PM

I probably check back this flop
Old 01-27-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd certainly bet the flop here, just seems routine to do so. Same with any two cards. Got to expect a raise from a LAGgy player. My first inclination was to re-raise the flop, push seems only reasonable raise amount. But I'm thinking if he's the type of player to fire again, sensing that you're call on the flop was weak, I'd let him do it. Call the flop, let him bet the turn. Probably raise then as I think he'd be pot committed with a real hand (like a middle pair). Obviously you're in trouble if he's got a 6 or big pair but I don't see how you could get away from the hand if he really is a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. I see this kind of play with 66-TT a lot at the stakes I play at (small). I'd check behind on the turn if he doesn't fire back.