Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: stack-a-reg

[ QUOTE ]

This hand is great. A lot better than c/c

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get this.

I mean, I love this move with air (with or without outs) vs people who float a lot with air, or with nuts vs people who call flop a lot with good made hands. But why would you want to turn your hand into a bluff here?
Maybe KT/AT could find a fold here (generally doubt it), but very few better hands are folding, and I think very few worse hands (maybe JT) are calling.

I suppose that for protection it might be decent, but that smells more of betting people off their hand instead of making the most money off of them.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 PM

You've entered a very strange place in da pokers. You honestly don't know if you want a call or not. It's not a great place for you or anyone who wants to consistently win at this game.

You need VERY strong reads to make plays like this. You don't have that.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get this.

I mean, I love this move with air (with or without outs) vs people who float a lot with air, or with nuts vs people who call flop a lot with good made hands. But why would you want to turn your hand into a bluff here?
Maybe KT/AT could find a fold here (generally doubt it), but very few better hands are folding, and I think very few worse hands (maybe JT) are calling.

I suppose that for protection it might be decent, but that smells more of betting people off their hand instead of making the most money off of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he occasionally folds AT/KT like you said, also occasionally calls with pairs + gutshots/ JT, good for meta, and check/calling just puts you in awful spots on the river.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 PM

He never folds a better hand.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
???

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured thats what you meant, but i wasnt sure if you were replying to me, or to the OP, or jsut being sarcastic or w/e.

anyway, why is ch/shove better than c/c tho? i think calling turn and folding river is perfectly fine vs 95% of villains (hardly anyone is floating flop with air, fires turn, then fires again on river unimproved after their huge turn bet was called) and the read on this particular guy does not make me thing hes one of the 5% that makes it a bad play.

i strongly feel that if you this you do NOT want to get called, because even 9T/JT have a very difficult call and those are the only hands that we can realisitcally expect villain to call with with any frequency high enough to make shoving +EV. maybe very very rarely a mid pair+gutshot calls, but OP's read doesnt seem strong enough to make it EV+
Old 11-24-2007, 08:20 PM

I'd much rather do this with 67 or something even as weak as 65.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those saying ch/c turn- I think this is definitely a good option as well...what are your plans for a blank river?

[/ QUOTE ]
c/c any river

[/ QUOTE ]I think this is awful...I think c/c turn and c/f river is good. Do you really think he is betting worse on the river here after I call turn? ...there would only be ~pot sized bets left.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think we can safely c/f if a non scare card hits and he bets but i was too lazy to say that
Old 11-24-2007, 08:29 PM

also i love this play with 67, 78, 9J, sets adn thats about it. i just see regulars playing so spewy against other regulars ALL the time, when usually playing straightforward is way more profitable
Old 11-25-2007, 12:04 AM

If you guys 2 barrel air here why the hell aren't you doing it for value? If he calls, I prob bet river again depending on how the board gets and expect to get called by all sorts of mid pairish hands.

I just don't see the point of this. You have the top pair. It's blind vs. blind. Just keep on betting.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:32 AM

fine, but just bet/call he's shoving over a turn bet way more than he's bet/calling. think about his range. it's mostly pairs + draws, so let him put the last bet in thinking he has FE vs a better hand or whatever it is that bad players think