Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you willing to carry out the order?
Yes 39 42.39%
No 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: The Answer - DN

The part I found interesting was that they both had agreed that they had tried their best.

Long time readers of his journal could easily assume that one of them didn't...50/50 there folks.

Divorce sucks and is never a good thing, but it sounds like Daniel has been living the equivalent of a fraternity party for the length of their marriage. He does state that Lori was cool with it, but you don't think there was a little resentment?? Come on now!!! All the married folk (the 1 or 2 of us on this board), chime in a little. If there truly wasn't, then I say sign this girl up for her own reality series and let some guys compete for her.

Don't mean to disrespect DN or this unfortunate part of his life, but a lot of people prolly saw this coming.

And yes, I'm sure he kept the good stories of Lori out of his journal to remain private but just going on what he gave us. Hard not to, but readers filling in the blanks goes with keeping an online blog.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: The Answer - DN *DELETED*

Post deleted by jman220
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 PM

looks wise, what is Lori on a 1-10 scale?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:46 PM

For some reason I always thought Lori was his dog. Isn't that a dog's name?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel N. is getting a divorce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caught rogering his houseboy, obviously.

Seriously, aren't Christians supposed to have rules about this kind of thing? His post just seems to imply that they're just kind of fed up with each other, so it's time to move on.

I'm not in any way opposed to divorce, there's no kids that they should stay together for, and I'm an atheist myself so what do I know, but this really does seem typical of the modern North American approach to Christianity. Embrace the rules while they suit you, then drop them just as soon as they become inconvenient and start getting in the way of the things that you really want to do.

Reminds me of Newt Gingrich, who dumped his wife for a younger model while she was on her sickbed, dying of cancer. Not that Daniel is doing anything so cruel. Rather, that both of them have been espousing a set of values that they don't appear to genuinely embrace.

[ QUOTE ]

The part I found interesting was that they both had agreed that they had tried their best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, they've only been married for two years. I've had *arguments* with my wife that lasted longer than that.

While I don't believe that people should stay together and be miserable, if you're genuinely committed to a relationship, you stick in there and work at it even when things don't seem to be working. Because the relationship is more important than the other, trivial stuff that's getting in the way.

Daniel's blog is very nice and respectful, but I think it's also somewhat dishonest insofar as I don't believe it's telling us what the real reasons for his divorce are. Now, it's none of our business anyway, and he may not even know himself, but in my experience this 'we've grown apart' business tends to be a euphemism for one of two things:

a.) I want somebody else, or
b.) I hate your guts

Finally, I think it's a little weird discussing someone else's divorce in this way, but if he puts his private business out there for public discussion, it doesn't seem unreasonable to speculate and pontificate.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:59 PM

busto?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:02 PM

I didn't read the story - so his wife asked for a divorce because he's selling the Tundra?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:11 PM

some of you guys are real pricks.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:13 PM

"People who call other people gay are often covering up their own latent homosexuality."
Old 11-24-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"People who call other people gay are often covering up their own latent homosexuality."

[/ QUOTE ]
And you are calling other people gay for calling DN gay therefore you are gay.