Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 AM

Default LO8 $0.25/$0.50 Flop Decision

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 is a maniac: 89.6 / 31.1 / 1.1 and thinks two pair is a great hand.
This is the first hand I've seen CO play.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Re: LO8 $0.25/$0.50 Flop Decision

Preflop: I assume you limped because you were intending to limpraise which I think is fine.

Flop: I like being aggressive so I lead. Might have the best hand. Small diamonds might fold. Good draw. But once it gets bet and raised I'm done since you are probably drawing and when you hit will often be for only half the pot.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 AM

id lead the flop too. you might be lucky and your flush is good and if not you have decent draw to the topFH. as played i dont think you can call 2 bets (especially with the chance of facing a 3bet/cap)
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM

I think you have too much equity to fold. Even in the worst case where you are up against K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]YZ and 2345, you are still drawing to a possible scoop in a 3-way pot with 9.4:2 pot odds. If a low card hits on the turn, you check the turn, and if it then goes bet/raise, you can think about folding for 2 big bets.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I assume you limped because you were intending to limpraise which I think is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, limping was the plan. I was UTG with just a big pair, neither suited, just A-2 for low, and an eight dangler. Raising at this loose table wouldn't have thinned the field much.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: I like being aggressive so I lead. Might have the best hand. Small diamonds might fold. Good draw. But once it gets bet and raised I'm done since you are probably drawing and when you hit will often be for only half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against six opponents, I didn't think my flush would be much good, and my low was toast, so I didn't bet out.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 AM

If you don't believe that anybody is going to fold to a double bet then you should be raising preflop for value.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:47 PM

I think I call this and go along for the ride. after this round is over, I scream at my screen "PAIR THE BOARD!!!"
LOL

also, bump brian
Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM

if you are limping pre-flop to raise later thats fine, but not thinking an A-A-2 hand is strong enough to be raising for value is beyound redicoulas... what on earth are u waiting for exactly to consider raising preflop....
on the flop your flush is prob not good and folding is the safer low variance option, but you almost have enough offs to go for the repeater anyway.... i personally, mainly for my own sanity rather then anything else would see one more, fold to any low card, and call only one, not two bets on the turn to any high non-repeater card