Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: First Hand of the Million

I agree with everything curtains said (some of the things he said was about the exact same things that I did earlier in the thread).

someone posting a hand and tell "dont comment this and this street" is just ridiculus and something common in other forums as well, for example MSNL. even if (highly unlikely) OP cant learn anything from discussing a specific street (for ex preflop) other posters and readers might very well do so and its part of the whole hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM

It would be interesting to see how many of us show a profit (or lose less than a SB per orbit) from the SB during the 1st hour of MTTs.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM

my post was eaten, it was long

curtains, it said that I think its perfectly valid for me to ask specifically about only part X of a hand. I find it akin to saying hey look at move 18 of my nimzoindian variant here, what do you think of it, and you respond, the nimzoindian is bad, you should always play kings-indian defense. Granted, I see the slight differences between the analogies but i'll claim the essence is the same. I have enoguh pokertracker data to show that I am a winner in this spot with any two cards and am quite confident with that statistic.

Anyways, what i wanted discussed is
if we 3-bet, how do we react to a 4bet
how do we maximize against 2pr hands
can we minimize against better flushes (how are these 2 combined)

lots of donkeys seem to raise here with like T9 with the T of clubs, how do they react with that hand to our 3 bet, how will they react if we call and check turn... if we call and donk out turn...

if we call the raise can we profitably c/r turn? is this better then 3-betting? do we fold to shove on turn if we c/r? does this mean we should c/c turn?

anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 PM

Against someone bad enough to stack off with 2 pair on a monochrome board (which seems to be really bad) you cannot maximize against 2 pair hands and minimize against bigger flushes at the same time, because Villain will play both hands the same way. Against someone who can distinguish between the two, the way to max against 2 pair hands and min against bigger flushes is to keep the pot small. Call the flop, c/c the turn, c/c or bet/fold the river.