Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: kenny tran

Pokertube -> check minute 6 for the hand in question.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes it's from the HORSE event. I don't care about his reaction.. he deserves all the props on that call. How can you call someone with J9 high on a 356A2 ..or something of that sort kind of board.. Especially since the other guy was in the big blind...

That was an incredible call and easily worth the reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was almost as good as his call with 6-3o on the A-A-X-X-3 when his opponent had A-T. When you call often enough, you will occasionally be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A Jack high call in the biggest buyin tournament of the WSOP is "standard" and not impressive. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.howtobeacallingstationslashpotodds.com

20 bucks to decode the page.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you never fold, some calls are going to look sick good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM

That J9 high call was good because his opponent was in the BB and the board was 2-5-6-A-3 ... So considering his opponent was in the big blind, it was very possible for his opponent to be holding any 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or anything higher than a jack and be a winner. That's why it was an amazing call, something u all seem to overlook. It wasn't just a 5-6-A-XX board.. there's more to it than that and why I consider it one of the sicker calls on TV.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My brother told me this story about Kenny Tran at a $100/$200 NL Cash game at the WSOP. Guy (LAG) raises normal amount, everyone folds to Kenny in the BB, Kenny looks at LAG and shows him KK and folds. LAG flips over Aces. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't personally confirm, but I'll take my brothers word for it. But terrible laydown if its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. knowing your opponent has AA and folding to a normal raise when you can easily win a huge pot or stack him on a K high flop = expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's really easy stacking AA oop. especially at a vegas 100-200 nl game, those games are so easy, i mean every pot is massive. getting KK away from AA is not easy and it doesn't get any easier postflop. folding KK knowing your opponent has AA is not the best play ever but it is alot better (a whole [censored] lot better) than jamming KK oop thinking you've got nut and having AA rip you a new azzhole. cool laydown if it's true imo.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM

The way the hand played out, Tran's call was pretty standard. If you would have folded without any consideration of Hanson's range in this spot, you suck at poker.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way the hand played out, Tran's call was pretty standard. If you would have folded without any consideration of Hanson's range in this spot, you suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

the hand was against fitoussi genius and considering villain floping pr/gutshot combo, that call was no where near standard, not even minibet heads-up poker standard.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM

People seem to forget the board was:

2-3-5-6-A

And up against the big blind. J9 really only beats one hand and that's 7-8. To make that call is NOT standard, especially in 50k buy-in on TV.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People seem to forget the board was:

2-3-5-6-A

And up against the big blind. J9 really only beats one hand and that's 7-8. To make that call is NOT standard, especially in 50k buy-in on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

For GODS sake people! the call WOULD have been fairly decent if they ever showed Kenny Tran lay down a hand.

Im not going to give him credit for guessing correctly 1 time, especially in minibet getting 1000000:1 after seeing all the horrible calls he made.

/THREAD