Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Vanessa Rousso - hot or not?

gutshot has some great coverage...they have more of the table chatter going on.

apparently in a hand vs. deeb,

"Four players were in for $40,000. It was Deeb, Vanessa Rousso, Chad Brown, and Vinny Vinh."
The flop came down 8s9c9h...all checked around turn was 5s. Checked to Vanessa who bet 25k. Deeb c/r'd for 100k more, Vanessa called instantly and said,''You've got ace high.'' The river came...
River is a Tc. "Deeb counted out some chips. Vanessa mimicked his movements indicating she would be calling if he bet. 'Check,' said Freddy." Rousso flipped up 22.

"'I called your hand Freddy, will you show it to me? You have ace high.' 'Sure I show it to you, I have ace high,' Deeb said and politely showed..." As Jd

"'It's poor etiquette to ask someone to show their hand. Sometimes new players do that, but it's not right,'' Hellmuth interjected. 'Oh is it really? I'm sorry,' replied Vanessa sarcastically. Put your seatbelts on, this is going to be a good one!"

check it out on gutshot
Old 04-22-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"'It's poor etiquette to ask someone to show their hand. Sometimes new players do that, but it's not right,'' Hellmuth interjected.

[/ QUOTE ]
How Hellmuth can lecture someone else on etiquette without a trace of irony, I'll never know.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:14 PM

What is this poker reality show they are talkin about
Old 04-22-2006, 09:49 PM

Great Post darknight. She seems really great. I definitely think she's hot and judging from some of her photos, she has class. Smart, educated, and looks, can't beat it!

Hope she makes the final table, that would be wild.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id hit it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-22-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great Post darknight. She seems really great. I definitely think she's hot and judging from some of her photos, she has class. Smart, educated, and looks, can't beat it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually being a bit sarcastic. If she was a guy and his biography were to read like that I would think total douchebag. Does anyoen else think this? It seems her site is one whole bragfest with links to her high school debate team and duke scholarship. I mean she should be proud of her accomplishments they are impressive, but middle school VP? I mean why not PREZ? come on now!

For someone with her accomplishments, doesn't necessarily deserve her own damn website. I mean it kind of seems she's preparing herself for a big one..which is great..she's confident in her abilities. Also, the way she says she won a WPT Victory, but really was a cash in a 500 dollar pre lim is a bit over the top. All i see is a lot of style (good business acumen to use her female hot looks) and self-adulation. However, a lot of pros like Hellmuth and Doyle have been giving her props. So maybe she deserves to kiss her own ass. I surely would. She may make some tv and be the next poker star, since she likes to talk $hit at the table. I really think that's over-abuse with the rules asking Freddy to turn up his cards. If I were Freddy, I would've punched her in the uterus.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually being a bit sarcastic. If she was a guy and his biography were to read like that I would think total douchebag. Does anyoen else think this? It seems her site is one whole bragfest with links to her high school debate team and duke scholarship. I mean she should be proud of her accomplishments they are impressive, but middle school VP? I mean why not PREZ? come on now!

For someone with her accomplishments, doesn't necessarily deserve her own damn website. I mean it kind of seems she's preparing herself for a big one..which is great..she's confident in her abilities. Also, the way she says she won a WPT Victory, but really was a cash in a 500 dollar pre lim is a bit over the top. All i see is a lot of style (good business acumen to use her female hot looks) and self-adulation. However, a lot of pros like Hellmuth and Doyle have been giving her props. So maybe she deserves to kiss her own ass. I surely would. She may make some tv and be the next poker star, since she likes to talk $hit at the table. I really think that's over-abuse with the rules asking Freddy to turn up his cards. If I were Freddy, I would've punched her in the uterus.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with about everything said here.

PS- Freddy would not hesitate to hit a woman if it was warrented
Old 04-22-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gutshot has some great coverage...they have more of the table chatter going on.

apparently in a hand vs. deeb,

"Four players were in for $40,000. It was Deeb, Vanessa Rousso, Chad Brown, and Vinny Vinh."
The flop came down 8s9c9h...all checked around turn was 5s. Checked to Vanessa who bet 25k. Deeb c/r'd for 100k more, Vanessa called instantly and said,''You've got ace high.'' The river came...
River is a Tc. "Deeb counted out some chips. Vanessa mimicked his movements indicating she would be calling if he bet. 'Check,' said Freddy." Rousso flipped up 22.

"'I called your hand Freddy, will you show it to me? You have ace high.' 'Sure I show it to you, I have ace high,' Deeb said and politely showed..." As Jd

"'It's poor etiquette to ask someone to show their hand. Sometimes new players do that, but it's not right,'' Hellmuth interjected. 'Oh is it really? I'm sorry,' replied Vanessa sarcastically. Put your seatbelts on, this is going to be a good one!"

check it out on gutshot

[/ QUOTE ]

i LOVE her.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:39 AM

GROSS!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 AM

1/2 and 1/2 eh