Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-24-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: I have papers to write but who cares...ask me questions about LOST

Dharma initiative, big hippie experiment, government secret op, part of weird spiritual afterlife?

Whats their purpose?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:47 PM

How long before Jin starts speaking fluent english?

Rate Kate Shannon Sun Ana and Dingo on a scale from 1-10.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a pretty avid watcher, but I've missed some episodes here and there. What ever happened to Michael and his son, did Michael get killed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Walt was taken by the other from a raft that Michael, Walt, Jin and Sawyer built and cast off on in an attempt to escape the island. The others approached them in a small motorboat, took Walt, and shot Sawyer. Since then Walt has been seen in the woods by Shannon before she was killed and has also, though I am somewhat wary of this being the whole story, communicated with Michael via the computer in the hatch. Apparently they had some kind of AIM on microcomputers. News to me.

Anyway, after a few of these chats Michael can't take the idea of Walt being gone anymore and goes into the heart of the island after him by himself. Locke taught him how to shoot a gun before he left, and Jack got angry at Locke for encouraging Michael in his quest which was so obviously going to go unfulfilled. Michael left and we haven't seen him since. Theories abound about him either 1. being killed 2. being lost or 3. being captured by the Others. Option 3 seems the most likely to me.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lenny,

I think that the show is getting too action oriented lately and less about character development that I loved so much about season 1. I still love the show as is, but would like to see more character development. Do you agree with this or are you glad that it now revolves around beating guys up and shooting people?

[/ QUOTE ]

SoloAJ,

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. I am dealing with the recent change in style by rationalizing that it is a necessary evil in order to advance the plot before we can learn more about the characters and their pasts. Needless to say, my patience is being tried.

That said, next week's episode looks great and hopefully, for me anyway, it will be a Locke episode. His character is of great interest to me.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:53 PM

Thanks. That's actually one of the things about the show I've started to dislike. They start on something that seems important, then for 5 episodes act like nothings happened. Same with those monsters/polar bears/things that were killing people, what ever happened to 'em.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dharma initiative, big hippie experiment, government secret op, part of weird spiritual afterlife?

Whats their purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not J.J. Abrams (unfortunately). It is obvious that Dharma is behind whatever it is that this show is "really about." My thoughts are as follows:

I think the show is going to end up having what I have been calling a two-pronged story. There will be the plot and the physical actions that occur on the island and in the flashbacks. By all accounts this is a very intriguing story. But in addition to that I think it is almost undeniable that the entire show has religious/spiritual overtones.

The writers are obviously very gifted. I feel that they will write the rest of the show/series in such a way that watchers can take out of the show what they want. If you want to watch an action based show a lot of mystery and drama based on human to human interaction then you can go right ahead. If you want to look a little deeper and read between the lines as well as the interconnection of the characters then you can get something entirely different, and exponentially more gratifying and interesting in my opinion, ouf of the show.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long before Jin starts speaking fluent english?

Rate Kate Shannon Sun Ana and Dingo on a scale from 1-10.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long in terms of episodes or of time on the island? Hopefully by the end of the season. I think Jin seems like a potentially cool character, but he is pretty flat right now because he can't successfully interact on any significant level with anyone except Sun.

Kate: 9.9. Evangeline Lilly might be my dream girl.

Sun: 8. She's got a rocking body and a cute face. I like asian girls though, so this is probably too high for people who do not.

Shannon: 7.5 Pretty damn hot. Kind of girl I'd like to hate[censored].

Ana Lucia: 4. I think she's pretty gross. Too masculine. Small boobs. Turbo bitch.

Dingo = Claire? Claire: 8.5. When her mouth is closed. Have you seen the picture of her on IMDB?
Emilie de Ravin

I want to hit her in the face when she speaks. Great to look at though. Great job of casting.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:05 PM

Ana Lucia is in no way shape or form a 4. To me, hottest girl on the show with Shannon in 2nd. Kate doesn't do that much for me.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:08 PM

rate Jack Sawyer Jin Charlie Boone Michael Eko?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:10 PM

Ana Lucia? I think your not going to get a lot of agreement on that one. I don't think she's a 4, but she's not much higher. Was never a fan of her's in Fast and the Furious. She always comes across as total b!tch in the movies.