Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 AM

Default The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

As I'm sure you all know by now, I think that Tom Brady is the best football player in the league(and close to being the best of all time). Of course, the popular opinion after last year is that Manning has taken over the #1 spot.

Here is what I posted in the NE Pats thread:

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
LINK

Brady's stats through 3 games this year:

70/88(79.5%), 887 pass yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT, 141.8 QB rating, 3-0 record

If he keeps that up, that comes out to:

373/469(79.5%), 4730 yards, 53 TDs, 5 INTs, 141.8 QB rating, 16-0 record.

Where that would rank Brady all time:

-Brady would demolish the all time QB rating mark set by Manning in 2004 of 121.1. The next highest is 112.8(Steve Young).

-Brady would demolish the all time completion percentage record of 70.55%(Ken Anderson).

-Brady would become the first QB to ever win 16 regular season games in a season.

-Obviously many QBs have not lost a game all year, but none have ever done it for 16 games.

-He would break Manning's record of 49 TD passes.

-For fewest INTs among QBs who started 16 games, he would rank only behind Steve Deberg's 1990 season(4 INTs).

-Only Marino, Warner, and Fouts would have ever passed for more yards in a season(All time record is 5084).

And for those thinking that this is just a fluke hot start, consider that he has Cincinatti, Cleveland, and Dallas in his next 3 games. Through 3 games those teams' pass D averages per game:

Cincy: 266 yards(23rd in league) and 2.66 TDs(tied for 30th in league)

Clev:262 yards(20th in league) and 3.66 TDs(32nd in league)

Dal: 267 yards(26th in league) and 2 TDs(tied for 25th in league)
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

Peyton is the best player in the league. Only an idiot would think otherwise, but I would expect nothing less from Assashiti.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Peyton is the best player in the league. Only an idiot would think otherwise, but I would expect nothing less from Assashiti.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] you have an indy avatar
[x] you have less than alot of posts
[x] you are wrong
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 AM

Well, he's certainly gonna have more than 5 INT's this year (I could bet.) He's not gonna win all 16 games. They have some pretty tough matches along the way. (However, I do believe that if anyone can do it the Patriots have the best talent as of right now and coaching staff will get them ready for every match, giving them the best chance.) I really really really hope Brady breaks the TD record just cause I like Brady better than Manning.

The completion record can be pretty hard cause I bad game and he's gonna have to do really really good for the rest of the games. I hope be breaks Manning's QB rating as well for the above reasons stated.

Also, I think its really close between Manning and Brady. I mean they're both doing it right now so you can't say Brady> Manning or vice versa. But I've always wondered, if Manning and Brady were switched in say 2003, would Manning have been able to win 2 Superbowls with the WR's that the Patriots had at that time. Heck, he couldn't do it with his WR set so what says that he could do it with the Patriots wr set. But coaching of Belichick>Dungy so there's a lot of intangibles there and thus you can't really decide who's better imo.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 AM

Hey, if this season's trend continues, Mike Tomlin will never lose a game as head coach.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If he keeps that up, that comes out to:

373/469(79.5%), 4730 yards, 53 TDs, 5 INTs, 141.8 QB rating, 16-0 record.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 08:13 AM

Assani, have you ever considered professional help? Allegedly plenty of people with Asperger's live full and functional lives.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Of course you're jumping the gun Assani, but way to put it out there. Everybody on the planet will be on the bandwagon by week 12.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM

I think some of these marks are achievable. Mostly highest QB rating ever, IMO. The TD record is plausible but I give him less than 50% shot at it, maybe around 40%.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 AM

he's off to an incredible start, but the odds that is goes as swimmingly in weeks 4-6 as 1-3 are pretty low.

he's only slightly ahead of where Manning was after 3 games in 2004:

9 TD's
1 INT
903 yards
rating of 120

and look at Peytons 4 game stretch in November 04:

19 td's
3 int
1035 yards
rating of 129

so it's not really unprecedented to have these kind of stats after 3 games. having them after 16 games would be.