Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:33 AM

Default WTF

15-30 online game.

Superfish(67/20/.7) open limps in CO, Aggressive player (41/31/1.3) raises on the BTN, I 3bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Both players call.

Flop comes out 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Superfish calls, Aggressive player raises, I call, Superfish calls.

Turn is a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and everybody checks.

River card is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I check, superfish checks, aggressive player bets. WTF?

What would you do here and why?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: WTF

If the Turn wasnt a missclick I dont see how ur beat.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 AM

So I call because i dont see any reason why an aggro player with this stats would check the Turn with a made Hand.

I also dont see why he bets this River with a worse but hes aggro so this makes more sense then the other way.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM

looks like a spot to value bluff c/r

there's so little chance that you are behind that it is almost never a EV- play (but could be less EV than simply calling but IMO that should be what this thread is about). I dunno maybe it's a waste but I really think people can fold a 3 or a 4 here especially dumb fish that can't read hands. so there's a good thing that could happen. he's probably not going to overcall with a hand that you beat so it's never a bad thing if he folds. Also, you are so far ahead of the aggrodonk and your line is so ridiculously stupid on its face that I think there's an ok chance he calls with a worse hand.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:43 PM

yeah, I definately cr this river.
He folds a better hand occasionaly, he calls a worse hand occasionaly, and most often everyone folds, you don't get to see what they had and you don't give a [censored], ship the pot nh sir.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:36 PM

what about the fact then when you cr the river your line makes no sense? if i were villian i wouldn't be folding a pair to a cr so calling seems better to me.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 PM

Aggro is never folding a better hand, but Superfish might fold a pair to 2 cold. I think you have the best hand, unless this is the worst played AK in online history.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 PM

I suppose he could have a moment of weakness and raise the flop with a little pair but not bet the turn as he is afraid of your cr and wants to showdown cheap. However, that is very unlikely and the most likely scenario is that he thinks he can buy the pot on the river after everyone has shown so much weakness on the late streats.

Call and take the pot down. I disagree with a cr.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I definately cr this river.
He folds a better hand occasionaly, he calls a worse hand occasionaly, and most often everyone folds, you don't get to see what they had and you don't give a [censored], ship the pot nh sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Veg and Jba, If we checkraise river, and fish folds and aggressive guy 3bets are we calling?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:44 PM

insta-call a 3-bet, and i think inducing the 3-bet bluff adds more value to the c/r than possibly making the other guy fold a pair.

fwiw i would just call his bet because i can imagine seeing 22/A3 and because i hate variance.