Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 09-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Default QQ in BB facing raise and possible squeeze....whats my line??

I may be seen as something of a maniac at the table due to this hand here....misclicked and min raised from SB FWIW. Had a read on the CO, otherwise I probably fold to his shove.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $30.20
BB: $25.00
UTG: $26.80
MP: $25.00
CO: $26.50
BTN: $44.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $26.50</font>, Hero calls $19.50

Flop: ($54.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Turn: ($54.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($54.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $54.75 ($2.70 Rake)

CO had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and LOST (-$26.50)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and WON (+$25.55)

Anyways, on to the hand in question. Table is fairly loose, but no villain really getting out of line very much.

Original raiser is Taggy, but nothing special running 18/14/2.8 over 400 hands mostly datamined hands.

Villain who 3-bets, appears to be one of the more solid regs at 25nl, while a squeeze may be possible here, against UTG range I think i would be fairly bad, so I gave him credit for a decent hand.

My question, is do we raise/shove/call/fold here, and why would you consider one of these options optimal??

I'll post later streets as we get some responses

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $25.10
Hero (BB): $56.30
UTG: $27.95
CO: $25.00
BTN: $23.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.50</font>, Hero???
Old 09-06-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: QQ in SB facing raise and possible squeeze....whats my line??

You can't just call and you can't fold. If you 3-bet him your looking at around $20 which commits you. Only thing I can see you doing is just pushing now.

If he is a solid TAG like you say he will be 3-betting AK/TT+ and that is what is in his range. If you call you give AK a chance to hit for cheap. I still haven't been able to lay QQ down PF and just calling is ridiculous b/c if you call your just saying to yourself, "set value only"
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 AM

Why can't we call?? Not saying you are wrong, but would like to start some discussion on the merits of why calling is goot/bad here.

FWIW, when I see a call in this spot at this level, It is always a big hand...
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 AM

I said why above, you must have posted this while I was editing lol.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Y

If he is a solid TAG like you say he will be 3-betting AK/TT+ and that is what is in his range. If you call you give AK a chance to hit for cheap. I still haven't been able to lay QQ down PF and just calling is ridiculous b/c if you call your just saying to yourself, "set value only"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, If I choose to call, I am def. not saying set value only...Unless the board comes off very coordinated(or A/K on flop), I have no problem playing this hand Postflop w/Pos on the 3-bettor.

If the villain has AK here, he is calling a shove regardless, w/ all the dead money in the pot.

And I think we can probably take TT out of his range here, my read was JJ+,AQo+ here with this villain.

Any other reasons we can think that calling is bad here?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Bump for the morning crowd
Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 PM

I'm thinking he is saying JJ+ and mabye AK. It would be out of line to 3bet 1010 and AQ OOP against a raise and caller. Its a tough place, but for me its definately fold or push. If you call your committed and let the original raiser and caller see a flop getting great odds.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: QQ in BB facing raise and possible squeeze....whats my line??

Pretty sick spot. I agree that it's either raise or fold. I just don't know which one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking he is saying JJ+ and mabye AK. It would be out of line to 3bet 1010 and AQ OOP against a raise and caller. Its a tough place, but for me its definately fold or push. If you call your committed and let the original raiser and caller see a flop getting great odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree, calling does help to price in original raiser w/ a small PP....what I am more worried about is him shoving, since a flat call opens up the door for us to shut out of the pot.

For ex. Hero Flat calls, UTG Shoves, SB Calls shove...Hero pretty much has to fold here, and we see AK vs AK
Old 09-06-2007, 02:00 PM

I faced this exact spot last week, except CO and button had folded. I shoved and lost to KK. One thing we have going is CO and button both flat called, and if we shove they may have one or more of the outs if we are up against AK/AQ.

And....if I am in this spot and I am SB, I am really tempted to squeeze with AQ and take it down pf.