Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 06:54 PM

Default presto goes to war

no reads on sb or bb

3/6 6max game I'm playing while watching Tiger beat up the field.

EP limp, I raise 55 from the button, sb 3bets, bb 4bets, limper folds. Getting 5 to 1 I figure it's pretty close, call, sb calls.

Flop:

Q 5 6 rainbow.

sb leads, bb raises. I decide to call to not shut out sb. sb then 3balls, bb caps, all call.

turn K, puts out a 2 flush. Q 5 6 K

sb bets AGAIN, bb raises AGAIN, I call, sb 3bombs and is all in, bb caps, I call.

river K:

I bet, bb raises, I call...

standard ?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: presto goes to war

preflop is good. i'd always 3-bet the flop. you'll still get multiple bets on turn from overpairs.

also i think you can 3-bet the turn, but there's a weird dynamic going on here w/ sb almost all in. bb will probably keep pushing here w/ aq/aa to get sb all the way, and sb will almost always 3-bet the turn after you just call. so it kind of works out anyway.

on river, if he checked (action is weird), then yeah i would bet and call a checkraise. if he bet... you can probably raise/call. you're behind to 4 combos of qq and kk and ahead of 6 combos of aces and since everything about the hand feels bogus i feel like there is a bigger tard factor than normal.

you raised on the button, unknown blinds when apesht, you played like you had nothing, and sb was almost all in. all of this is going to lead to bb showing up w/ some weird crap more than often.

did sb being nearly all-in affect how you played this hand?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: presto goes to war

oh you're right, he checks the river, I bet, he raises (on the river), and I call.

sb being so close to being all in kind of scared me. I figured he'd raise just about anything, and I felt if I go nuts on one of the early streets I may shut out bb, or get him calling down.

I felt like I may have missed a raise on the turn but it worked out. And then I felt like 3bets on the river was spew.