Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Rockets get blown up like the 4th of July, how do we play this turn???

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $23.20
BB: $24.05
UTG: $25.30
MP: $25.20
Hero (CO): $24.60
BTN: $33.25

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is running 30/1.8/1/60, typical pattern has been to slowplay his big hands. A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you can see, he literally doesn't raise with just about anything.

I have been running over the table, and am probably like 28/19/5, since in the 50 hands or so I have been at the table I've had AK, TT, KKx2, so I've been doing my share of raising, but only the AK hand went to showdown.</font>

Maybe a simple hand, but curious to see what we can put BB on, and if this is an insta-call/fold here???

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, BTN calls $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $20.55</font>
River:
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Rockets get blown up like the 4th of July, how do we play this turn???

Easy call. He needs to be able to push only one overpair-kinda hand into us for our call to be breakeven.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Rockets get blown up like the 4th of July, how do we play this tur

I fold this the first time.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:02 PM

Well, to state the obvious, Villian has a pretty good hand. He check-called the flop and check-raised the turn. He could have just been sick of your "loose" play at the table and decided to make a stand with TP or something. BUT...check-calling a preflop raiser on the flop AND another player should give off warning signs. You also said that he has a history of slowplaying good hands. He has something decent, but is it better than your AA?

After he goes all-in, you are getting 3 to 1 on a call. What is the % chance he has a pocket pair lower than yours here? I think the chances are at least %25. I would probably call.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM

I probably call because I can think of at least a few hands that would play like this that we beat. He could've had a pair on the flop and picked up a flush draw on the turn. He could have 99-KK because you said he pretty much never raises but slowplays big hands. He could easily consider overpairs to be a big hand here as the board doesnt look too threatening.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Multiway, I'm potting flop...

As played, meh, I call...