Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM

Default KQs flops fullhouse

Hi,

I've been wondering about this hand, and how did I eventually play it. I had no particular reads/stats of any of the players. Only about 10-15 hands behind.

What I've been particulary thinking is the turn play. My decisions were based on the pre-flop play. I did crap into my pants when the ace hit the street, but figured out that no-one had AA as othervise the preflop would have been raised,right? I was worried about AQ, but though that having Q was very unlikely.. and with my hand I had to play it and put as much money as possible to pot?

River again my decision was based on not playing against AA.

What bugs me is, did I overplay the turn? What you guys think?

Limit: $0.25/$0.5, 8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13.5BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (29.5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $0.85</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 39.6BB

Thanks in advance,
Ouzo
Old 05-09-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: KQs flops fullhouse

I think it's fine. I'd prolly just call the river, seeing that AK has us beat now too.

I'd say SB has something like J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a lot more often than limped (or, in this case, coldcalled) AA.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Call down from SB's turn three-bet. He's done nothing but go absolutely nuts on this board. On the flop, someone might b/3 with a hand like AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but not on the turn.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:19 PM

played perfectly... nh.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 AM

Yeh,

I was also worried on flop about KK, and yes AK from river... but for me AA, KK, AK are all reraise hands(preflop) and thought these guys would have done that. Ofcourse limping is always possibility, but for me getting money to pot with a hand that looked pretty solid from the flop onwards was my main goal.

I have had trouble not being aggressive enough, and got a bit carried away with this one. Which afterwards is what bugs me with the play.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:00 AM

Call down the turn 3bet, any non-lunatic is a favorite to have AQ at that point. River raise is absurd, what do you beat?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 AM

I had a strong feeling they didn't have AK, AA(preflop play). That point I really thought I was against AQ, which in turn I played wrong against, and was lucky to get K. Or they where mad enough to play Qx or even worse on that board.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:32 AM

I think the hand was played fine... NH
Old 05-10-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a strong feeling they didn't have AK, AA(preflop play). That point I really thought I was against AQ, which in turn I played wrong against, and was lucky to get K. Or they where mad enough to play Qx or even worse on that board.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that it seems likely you are up against AQ so the turn seems overplayed, but on the other hand you are not HU, so you don't need 50% equity to cap profitably.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 PM

*Grunch*
This is a joke?