Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Animal cruelty and child molestation in AC land

[ QUOTE ]
I would make the assumption that most people naturally don't want to interfere with the business of others.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then how does a government that (according to the statists here) is representative of the people (and in fact is made up of people) manage to solve or at least minimize this? What does the government do that people can't do in a stateless society?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:55 PM

As an added clarification of my position, if I were to acknowledge that there can be any possibility at all of a "just" government, it would be one that derives its powers from delegated powers of individuals. If government has the right to intervene to stop murders, child molestation, animal cruelty, etc., then it can only have such a right because individuals must have those rights.

And again, it really comes down to what the rest of society will let you get away with. If the rest of society will let you get away with murder, child molestation, animal cruelty, etc., then no government born of that society will be any different. If the rest of society will let you get away with intervening to stop murder, child molestation, animal cruelty, etc., then no government is needed to intervene to stop those things.

After all, the only reason we have government at all is that the majority of people let those in government get away with it.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an added clarification of my position, if I were to acknowledge that there can be any possibility at all of a "just" government, it would be one that derives its powers from delegated powers of individuals. If government has the right to intervene to stop murders, child molestation, animal cruelty, etc., then it can only have such a right because individuals must have those rights.

And again, it really comes down to what the rest of society will let you get away with. If the rest of society will let you get away with murder, child molestation, animal cruelty, etc., then no government born of that society will be any different. If the rest of society will let you get away with intervening to stop murder, child molestation, animal cruelty, etc., then no government is needed to intervene to stop those things.

After all, the only reason we have government at all is that the majority of people let those in government get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 04-03-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The children and the kittens would need to hire "Private Defense Organizations" (PDO's), who would then contact the rapists' and sadists' PDO's and negotiate for arbitration in front of an Neutral Arbitrator. If the pedophile or sadist didn't show up, it would hurt his credit rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to the state, where you just hire a hotshot celebrity lawyer (if you're rich), bribe the monopoly arbitrator (if you're rich) and walk away with no punishment.

Two can play the "keep repeating the dumbest thing possible" game.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Child molestation will occur if it can be made profitable. There could definitely be a market for such a thing.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Child molestation will occur if it can be made profitable. There could definitely be a market for such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also a demand to keep child predators out of neighborhoods and communities. The demand for said protection is going to be higher than the demand for child molestation.

I honestly don't get it. Even after all us ACists hammer the point home about social norms and how they still exist with or without a government, you guys still keep coming up with this crap every couple of weeks? How many parents are honestly sitting at home right now thinking, "Man I really would love to molest my children, but that damn government won't let me! If only they weren't around!!"

On the other side of the coin, who is running to the phone to call the cops in today's society but then if the big bad monopolistic force isn't around, they just decide to stick their heads in the sand instead of pick up a phone?

How many threads about Bill Gates slaughtering homeless people and pvn posting OJ Simpson pictures do we need before we can dismiss this incredibly weak argument against AC?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's also a demand to keep child predators out of neighborhoods and communities. The demand for said protection is going to be higher than the demand for child molestation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, you'll shoot him?

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't get it. Even after all us ACists hammer the point home about social norms and how they still exist with or without a government, you guys still keep coming up with this crap every couple of weeks? How many parents are honestly sitting at home right now thinking, "Man I really would love to molest my children, but that damn government won't let me! If only they weren't around!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is some laws are good because they prevent undesirable things, even though there is a demand for them.

I agree though, there are 10 million better arguments against AC.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other side of the coin, who is running to the phone to call the cops in today's society but then if the big bad monopolistic force isn't around, they just decide to stick their heads in the sand instead of pick up a phone?

How many threads about Bill Gates slaughtering homeless people and pvn posting OJ Simpson pictures do we need before we can dismiss this incredibly weak argument against AC?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should explain some things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCAT4oob9hs
Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Forget prevention. How about punishment?

The government can't really prevent people from molesting their kids if the parents REALLY want to, however surely the prospect of going to jail for along period of time provides a deterent, even if a small one.

It would seem all of AC land depends on contracts, "neutral" arbitrators, and "fair" insurance companies.

I fail to see how the corruption that exists in government would be kept out of any of these institutions.

Perhaps the reasons such questions keep coming up is because people find the answers unsatistfactory?

That is unless every single person who questions any aspect of AC'ism is a complete fool, total incapable of grasping the perfect system?

I've asked this question of AC'ers before, I would love to hear what YOU think is imperfect about AC'ism, as a believer in it. The fact that AC'ers can't seem to find any flaw in the system at all is very bothersome (i.e. points to pie in the sky mumbo jumbo)
Old 04-03-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that AC'ers can't seem to find any flaw in the system at all is very bothersome

[/ QUOTE ]

Market anarchy is the absence of physical, violent, coercive, centralized, control over land, peoples, their interactions and their properties.

It is self-ownership.

The fact that you seem to find something 'flawed' in that says something about your state of mind.