View Poll Results: 2p2 game will be
PL25 27 40.30%
NL50 13 19.40%
NL100 11 16.42%
NL200 16 23.88%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2006, 11:07 PM

Default Re: My positions

I think Rove's notion of courting your base makes a lot of sense, but not in the current climate for Republicans. The Republicans have moved far to the right of the country, and the Democrats have arguably moved to the right of the country as well. I think this means courting base is +EV for Dems, but -EV for Reps.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Rove's notion of courting your base makes a lot of sense, but not in the current climate for Republicans. The Republicans have moved far to the right of the country, and the Democrats have arguably moved to the right of the country as well. I think this means courting base is +EV for Dems, but -EV for Reps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dems have moved to the right of the country??? I assume you mean to the right of their Democrat base, but I still disagree. Shrillary's posing notwithstanding, Dem leadership is still from the extreme left. Pelosi? Dean? Kennedy? right of the country????
Old 12-08-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dems have moved to the right of the country??? I assume you mean to the right of their Democrat base, but I still disagree. Shrillary's posing notwithstanding, Dem leadership is still from the extreme left. Pelosi? Dean? Kennedy? right of the country????

[/ QUOTE ]

Pelosi, maybe
Kennedy, on par
Dean, no effin way.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:27 AM

I am a lofe long dem and the last person we need to represent our party is clinton. She is a good nominee but won't be elsected......If both party's were smart they would put her on the ticket as the VP candiate and put Rice on the ticket as the VP for the rep.....so no matter what that barrier goes away
Old 12-09-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't court, you don't get nominated. Not courting is EV- for any candidate. What you can do is frame the debate in ways that agree with the base, without touching on the really polarizing issues that kill you in general elections. Once you get the nomination, the message starts changing, and you hope to emerge with a minimal amount of negative soundbites to moderate ears. Rove was just better at this manipulation than the incompetent Dem campaign managers.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:23 AM

Edwards
Gore
Obama
Obama

Obama/Clark Obama/Warner coming to a white house near you.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It really proved to me that if there's one thing Democrat's have no clue about it is what other people are thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the Democrats have arguably moved to the right of the country as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, the irony.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If both party's were smart they would put her on the ticket as the VP candiate and put Rice on the ticket as the VP for the rep

[/ QUOTE ]

This would not be smart, given the real goals in an election. Breaking barriers isn't the goal. Winning is.

Hillary Clinton is hated by too many people. Condi Rice is in the Pro Bush/Pro Iraq camp. Both of these are detrimental, not additive, to any electable candidate on either side.

The best democratic candidates by far are Obama and Bayh.

On the other side it's not so clear. McCain is someone people respect, but he's way too old compared to everyone else, and his Iraq views aren't in synch with the national mindset right now.

Giuliani was a phenomenal mayor (i am a lifelong new yorker and was here for 9/11), and let me tell you that i have never seen someone more poised and effective in a time of crisis than Giuliani then. However, Giuliani isn't cut out for the office of President. He needs to be the master of his own domain. As mayor, he had that dynamic to his office. As President, he'd be too autocratic and this would stymie his effectiveness.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Lol... not a vote for Kerry. Iron, no love?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:31 PM

Yeah lol. Iron seriously, pick a better Dem. Maybe find an animation of Howard Dean going BYAAAAAAH!!!!!