Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-08-2006, 12:43 AM

Default aa facing overbet

no reads. This was my only tough decision in a 1,000+ hand session at NL50. I'm interested in knowing what frequencies we see 2pr, set, flush draw, str8 draw etc.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($33.75)
BB ($60.15)
UTG ($66.70)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($50)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($56.25)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $46.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $46.50.

Turn: ($101.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($101.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $101.25
Old 11-08-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: aa facing overbet

I smell 10 jack and you just made a better two pair [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 02:24 AM

I'm not sure. You might be able to see KQ/hearts/etc enough to make this a call. Tough spot.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 AM

Does he minraise preflop with a hand like JTs? I think that's a calling hand with a call in front. Maybe JJ minraises, but I tend to agree with orange that KQ or something with a straight and fush draw (AKh or even ATh) is making this move.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:47 AM

Definitely looks like a big draw to me. People want to get value from their big hands by c/r'ing or bet/3-betting the flop. Oopen shove is usually not a big made hand.

Then again you did reraise pf so he knows you have something decent. Aj might play this way if the guy's a retard and puts you on high cards.

It's such a weird line that I think i'd call but folding very well might be the safe and best choice because you are either a slight favorite (vs a big draw) or behind to two pair/set and drawing thin. Against most retards in this game I think a call is prob still best though.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely looks like a big draw to me. People want to get value from their big hands by c/r'ing or bet/3-betting the flop. Oopen shove is usually not a big made hand.

Then again you did reraise pf so he knows you have something decent. Aj might play this way if the guy's a retard and puts you on high cards.

It's such a weird line that I think i'd call but folding very well might be the safe and best choice because you are either a slight favorite (vs a big draw) or behind to two pair/set and drawing thin. Against most retards in this game I think a call is prob still best though.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. He had k,q off. Ship it.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:58 AM

I was about to say same thing as orange did if I saw this post before the results...

When I see plays made like this at the $50 NL level I always ask myself, would this player play his hand this way if he's looking to get maximum value out of it?

95% of the time, my answer is no, and I make the big big call, which turns out to be right about another 95% of the time. Sometimes you will lose with those draws, but like was said earlier, at this level, chances are good that your in the lead and have to make the call.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:16 AM

Hmmmm... not the easiest decision, I prob call I think your good here often enough

shoot I call cause i'm curious
Old 11-08-2006, 04:38 AM

Instacall, hardly anyone is doing this with something like top set, they are too worried about extracting with it.