Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Misclick. Keep it going?

This happens to me once every couple thousand hands when i'm multitabling ( I accidently raise preflop instead of folding) I thought this was a good flop and I might as well rep AK here. What do u think? should I just admit my mistake or keep it going?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($20.40)
Button ($38.25)
SB ($75.85)
BB ($12.10)
UTG ($14.75)
Hero ($83.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, CO calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Flop: ($11.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10...
Old 10-28-2006, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Misclick. Keep it going?

definitely don't need to c-bet 10. try 6
Old 10-28-2006, 10:06 PM

my standard rule is if i misclick sumtin pretty minisule such as this i just give the hand up unles i flop some weird monster. i just try to minimize my losses on my mistake and not try to make sumtin outta nuttin
Old 10-29-2006, 12:23 AM

I think you are in bad shape here c-betting w/ two callers here. Why lose more than you have to?

If you have more than one draw maybe it isn't horrible.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
definitely don't need to c-bet 10. try 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, with two callers and a $12 pot on a semi-coordinated board, he DOES need to c-bet $10 if he plans to c-bet.

That having been said, I think this is not the time to try it. Without a read on UTG and CO, you need them both to fold the hand nearly 50% of the time, meaning that they're each going to have to fold an average of 65ish% of the time to a c-bet for this to be correct. The flush draw makes it less likely that they fold. The K makes it slightly more likely that they fold. The lack of an A makes it more likely that they fold. The lack of multiple broadway cards makes it more likely that they fold. Even so, your hand has zero chance to improve to a winning hand if you are called, and two players were willing to play this hand for a reraise -- one even cold-called a reraise.

The $10 bet is your best chance at winning the hand, but -- given two callers and a coordinated board -- I still don't think the chance is quite good enough to warrant taking the risk here. Don't throw good money after bad: just check and fold.