Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Petition for attention of FTP

+1
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
+1

[/ QUOTE ]
If maintaining a customer service 1-800 number is not viable for w/e reason they need to call the frozen player.When dealing with a persons livelihood e-mail is not an acceptable sole means of communication.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:43 PM

+1
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM

+1
Old 11-29-2007, 01:43 PM

+1. Regardless of players' innocence or guilt (e.g. SillySal), we should have the right to due process. There are too many examples of FTP simply freezing accounts w/o notice (even w/o sending an after-the-fact e-mail) for my comfort. I've thought about switching to PokerStars, and with every such story, that inclination increases.

Cheers, Carl.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
+1. Regardless of players' innocence or guilt (e.g. SillySal), we should have the right to due process. There are too many examples of FTP simply freezing accounts w/o notice (even w/o sending an after-the-fact e-mail) for my comfort. I've thought about switching to PokerStars, and with every such story, that inclination increases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Full Tilt being singled out? Do you really think that no other sites have problems with cheaters?

What about the millions of other FTP users who haven't had their accounts paused, and haven't incurred any other inconvenience? Two or three out of MILLIONS isn't so much.

There have been a couple of high-volume discussions about FTP that were initiated by people who were _caught cheating_. Those low-lifes just wanted to extract revenge by harming FTP's reputation.

And man, were we ever easy to manipulate.

Here are some serious questions to ponder:

Are other online poker sites actually catching cheaters and closing their accounts?

Are other sites doing their utmost to ensure the integrity of their games?

Are other sites protecting their honest players, or are they just turning a blind eye to the whole issue?

Perhaps all this controversy is just a side effect of FTP doing their job.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM

+1
Old 11-29-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Full Tilt being singled out? Do you really think that no other sites have problems with cheaters?

What about the millions of other FTP users who haven't had their accounts paused, and haven't incurred any other inconvenience? Two or three out of MILLIONS isn't so much.

There have been a couple of high-volume discussions about FTP that were initiated by people who were _caught cheating_. Those low-lifes just wanted to extract revenge by harming FTP's reputation.

And man, were we ever easy to manipulate.

Here are some serious questions to ponder:

Are other online poker sites actually catching cheaters and closing their accounts?

Are other sites doing their utmost to ensure the integrity of their games?

Are other sites protecting their honest players, or are they just turning a blind eye to the whole issue?

Perhaps all this controversy is just a side effect of FTP doing their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing the point here. This isn't about the actual investigation, it's about the process.

Once a poker site begins an investigation, they freeze the account. That's fine and I don't believe anybody has an issue with that. BUT, they NEED to tell the person immediately why their account is closed. Simply closing the account and ignoring emails is NOT acceptable. There needs to be an open line of communication between the site and the accused.

Once investigation is complete, the accused should be given full disclosure on findings and be given a chance to challenge the findings. I believe this is a necessary step and it's been proven on numerous occasions that poker sites make mistakes in regards to confiscating funds.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 PM

count me in.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:36 PM

In