Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Random power rankings thread

1. Michael Beasley: Unstoppable so far. 32/24 and 30/14 in two games. Has a NBA ready body already imo. My only concern is that he might be too slow to guard the premier 3s in the NBA.

2. Derrick Rose: I was a bit concerned with his shot selection when I watched him, but hes shooing a high % so I guess I can't complain. Great athlete. Comparisons to Wade are legit imo.

3. OJ Mayo: People will want to compare him to guys like Francis/Marbury, but I think his outside shot has the potential to make him better. Obvious attitude concerns.

4. Eric Gordon: This is a tough ranking for me. My initial thoughts on Gordon were that he might be one of those college stars/average pros. But I can't ignore 33/6/4 in his very first game. That was impressive.

5. DeAndre Jordan: Ever wonder what would've happened if Dwight Howard went to college? This may give us a glimpse.

6. Nick Calathes: Might be one of the few on this list to actually stay a few years in college, which may actually end up making him the most valuable one in the long term.

7. Kosta Koufos: Actually must admit that I don't know a ton about him. Seems to be really highly regarded though.

8. Donte Greene: Flynn is getting a bit more press right now, but Greene is the one that can truly carry them this year imo.

9. Kevin Love: Yeah maybe he should be higher....I dunno, I'm already tired of ESPN hyping him though.

10. Jerryd Bayless: Hasn't played a game yet, but deserves to be on the list.

The last time I made a list, I was critisized a bit for being too cookie cutter and pretty much just listing the teams in order of their records. So this week I'm going to go out on a bit more of a limb. My rankings mean this: Suppose that somehow this next Sunday every team could play 93 games- 3 against each other team with one at home, one on the road, and one at a neutral site. Well my rankings are the order in which I'd expect the teams to finish record wise under that scenario. My rankings have nothing to do with how I think they'll finish this season nor do they even necessarily reflect how well I think they've played so far.

1. NE
2. Indy
3. Dallas
4. GB
5. Jacksonville
6. Pittsburgh
7. NY Giants
8. Tampa Bay
9. Cleveland
10. Tennessee
11. Washington
12. San Diego
13. Arizona
14. Detroit
15. Seattle
16. Houston
17. Denver
18. Kansas City
19. Buffalo
20. Philly
21. Minnesota
22. Chicago
23. New Orleans
24. Baltimore
25. NY Jets
26. Carolina
27. Atlanta
28. St Louis
29. Cincy
30. Oakland
31. Miami
32. SF

Much like the ROY thread this is obviously way too early, but whatever. Also let me note tht these are how I think the players SHOULD be ranked and not how I think they will be. For example, I think that guys like Dirk and Nash pretty much have no shot this year as the voters won't want to give it to them after them winning the past few years. However they will not influence me in any way to not rank them high on my list. My rankings are solely based upon how I think the players have done so far. Also let me say that while I realize the MVP is heavily influenced by the player's team having a great record, I'm not going to go overboard taking that into consideration just yet since I think that can quickly change and the season is so young(although I realize you could argue that the player's stats can quickly change too).

1. KG
2. Chris Paul
3. Steve Nash
4. Dwight Howard
5. Lebron James
6. Carlos Boozer
7. Tracy McGrady
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Manu Ginobli
10. Kevin Martin
11. Josh Howard
12. Chris Kaman
13. Tim Duncan
14. Chauncey Billups
15. Richard Jefferson

bitch dat moan moan moan count
Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Random power rankings thread

Power Rankings: I like them okay, think you overrate Cleveland (lots of close wins) and underrate Philly (5-5, two heartbreaking losses).

MVP: Chris Kaman and Kevin Martin to low imo. I'm serious... for the time being. I also think Paul's played a little better than KG as retarded as that sounds. Also, no love for Jason Terry? Very high percentage player this year - almost no turnovers, shooting 53% from 3 pt and 90% from the line. I think he looks like Ginobili. In fact, they're pretty similar with Manu getting more steals/assists but more turnovers and lower percentage shots.