Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

View Poll Results: Should the state feed prisioners in jail?
No, they can make it with private charity 0 0%
yes, Im a jackbooted thug 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Play a hand with me (NLTRN)

[ QUOTE ]
Kharlog, search for Chicago's Ry Pooh Baah post. He gave some good insight about why he prefers a minraise over normal raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=2#Post12406612
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Hand 37

(SB)Hero 780
(BB)Villain 2220

Hero posts 25, Villain posts 50. Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hero folds.

Hand 38

(SB)Villain 2245
(BB)Hero 755

Villain posts 25, Hero posts 50. Hero has K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Villain raises to 125. Hero?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

Fold, give a dirty look to the dealer, then apologize, realizing that the dealer doesn't pick the cards, but just deals them.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:35 PM

jeez, this is how to get blinded off 101.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 PM

According to poker-academy , this is a clear call . Your hand isn't strong enough to re-raise and it's certainly too good to fold .

If you routinely fold your BB this easily , you will be blinded down in no time .
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM

We are missing way to often and domination is actually concern. Are we really going to be happy to hit a six? The way this game is going, face cards look great, but lets not over-do it. If anything, I would prefer a shove over call. Put your opponent on a decision. We don't have enough room to decide these things. Shove or fold. I voted fold.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Dave , what you're saying is true but you have to realize that we aren't facing a 3x raise . It is pretty much a mini raise and you have to open up your standards for calling .

In reality , you're getting much better than 2.33:1 on your call since it's likely that your opponent will follow through with a continuation bet . You will hit the flop about 33% of the time and you're getting better than 2:1 on your call .

Of course , your calling requirements depends on the range you put on your opponent . If your opponent plays a raise or fold strategy , then I think it's a mistake to fold k-6 so easily .
Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 PM

Half of that 33% you are going to hit a six. So, we are only hitting the flop 16.5% of the time in a way that matters. Are we losing all of our chips with a six? On a 267 flop? Are we shoving? What about on a 269 flop? Are we really pleased to take this hand to showdown? Are we even getting there without all of our chips in the middle? So, now we have to shove on the flop if we hit. On a flop that our opponent may have overs, he is still winning 25% of the time, plus that especially on a 6 high flop, we are getting called with a whole bunch of stuff. Our AF range is shot to hell when faced with a call on the flop. Is this still 33%?

Raise or Fold PF.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Lots of people recommend folding ACE-rag oop, much less king-rag.

We're getting short enough that K6 is going to start looking more and more playable, but I don't think we're there quite yet...

I also agree with this here:
[ QUOTE ]
Raise or Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm going to play K6 at all here, it's going to be by pushing. Calling just seems so bad, unless you plan to donk out a huge percentage of flops. You're putting in 15% of your stack basically drawing to 3 outs.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:12 PM

If you would re-raise with something like k-10 then it can't be that bad to call with k-6 . Maybe k-6 is a very close decision but k-7 and k-8 start to look like calls to me .

Play around with pokerstove and see how k-6 fairs with the top 50% of hands . It's not as bad as you think .