Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: $10nltrn thoughts on every street please!

Hmm, to clarify what I said:

when I was talking about +EV, I made no mention of +EV being automatically anything over 50% equity. For some reason you've been critical of my comment because you took it to mean that I was ignoring the rake. I wasn't. +EV is +EV, period.

In fact, my comment about 52% made it pretty clear that I thought you had more equity than that since I used the phrase, "the time he folds makes shoving here worth it," pretty clearly indicating I didn't think 52% was enough. So I'm not really sure where you think I was suggesting +EV meant any amount over 50% equity.

This really doesn't matter though, I figured I'd just clarify since you specifically mentioned what I said twice.

In any event, shoving here, thanks to your fold equity, looks like the best play to me.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 AM

I wouldnt think twice about shoving. You have a very strong hand and seeing a flop will mostly likely scare off a lot of the hands you beat pre-flop. He won't call everytime and i'd guess that most of the time you will be on the good side of a flip or crushing his underpair.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJo+ 99+

[/ QUOTE ]
Given the sheer number of people that are more than happy to get it in preflop with any ace and any pair, I would say this range is *way* too tight.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

I think the range is reasonable. You all are ignoring the fact that this is a min 3 bet preflop from a passive villian. IMO those are usually pretty strong.

Preflop is the least interesting part of this hand anyway. On the flop I like checking. Normally I'd say don't call the turn if you can't call a blank river cause people double barrel in this spot a lot. But in this case you have a good enough draw to call. I don't think he bluffs a spade river if he doesn't have you beat. That plus the chance you hit a J and stack him gives you just enough odds IMO.