Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: WTF

furthermore I think that some % of time the aggro folds his AK UI which is a huge mise
Old 09-22-2007, 04:22 PM

button did not cap preflop 3-way. button raised a protected pot on the flop. then button will be facing a really stupid looking raise on the river. chance he has AK and folds here is negligible.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
button did not cap preflop 3-way. button raised a protected pot on the flop. then button will be facing a really stupid looking raise on the river. chance he has AK and folds here is negligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I strongly believe this guy's capping preflop with AQ too, so the chances of folding the same hand is dismal also. Thanx for teaching me a new word though Veg. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

About the actual hand: I ended up check/raising the river. I figured check/raising the river is better than calling just in case the superfish had a small pair. Whether the fish can fold this type of hand I dont know, but part of me would die inside if the fish overcalled the river assuming I just called.

After I check/raised the river, the fish folded and the tag thought for 3 seconds and folded also. I was gonna insta-call a river 3bet.

I dont know if check/raising the river is better than calling, but it looked like a classic check/raise situation to me so I went for it and things worked out.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:22 PM

mise comes mainly from magic the gathering games...

the reason Checkraise seems best to me, is just that, so many good things can happen when you cr here... and so many "oh my god so stupid things can happen if you call" like super fish calls with his 22 when he woulda folded his 22, and then aggro monkey calls with his AT, that would be about the worlds biggest mise. a value bluff raise. (not that this would happen very often, cus it wouldnt, but it would happen sometimes) but anyway in this hand it seems like to me cr > call and we def. aren't folding
Old 09-22-2007, 05:26 PM

I think its close to a fold. Aggro guys like this (if they aren't totally awful) know they are getting called in this spot. I think either he's very bad and making an obvious bluff, or he did something dumb on the turn (scared fish had a decent pair somehow maybe) but is now confidently value betting his small pair.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its close to a fold. Aggro guys like this (if they aren't totally awful) know they are getting called in this spot. I think either he's very bad and making an obvious bluff, or he did something dumb on the turn (scared fish had a decent pair somehow maybe) but is now confidently value betting his small pair.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think all plays are close. I dont know with certainty which line is best.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:02 PM

Unless the person had a timing tell, there is literally no made hands in a good players range right now that can be betting for value.

That being said some bad players would check behind a pair here being afraid of a check raise.
However, people bad enough to do so, would also be bad enough to not realize they cant represent the 9 once they check the turn... Therefore, they would likely bet it with one of MANY missed draws as well as the checked behind pairs.
I think folding is pretty bad for this reason.

Now superfishes range is probabily any two cards, weighted slightly towards high cards AND AWAY from pairs of 4/3.. (probabily folding 84 and such). So like 80%+ of the time here he doesnt have a hand that can call even one bet.

Since I can certiantly see the agressive player having a pair here 20%+ of the time (maybe even a 9), I really question if the checkraise is worth it... But I do it cause its fun to be trixy... and the satisfcation of inducing a 3-bet bluff would be all worth it..

One thing to consider... is he could 3-bet bluff so frequetnly that this raise could be for value to induce a 3-bet bluff...
Although a 1.3 AF doesnt indicate this level of agression.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 PM

uh, this button lagfish can't have a pair. HE's not checking a monster here either. I don't get how we are losing.

I think we are beating the button almost always. I'm just worried about the fish. I think we should c/r to get that guy to fold if he's ahead of us. Weird spot.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I definately cr this river.
He folds a better hand occasionaly, he calls a worse hand occasionaly, and most often everyone folds, you don't get to see what they had and you don't give a [censored], ship the pot nh sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Veg and Jba, If we checkraise river, and fish folds and aggressive guy 3bets are we calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely!