Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: QQ in SB facing raise and possible squeeze....whats my line??

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking he is saying JJ+ and mabye AK. It would be out of line to 3bet 1010 and AQ OOP against a raise and caller. Its a tough place, but for me its definately fold or push. If you call your committed and let the original raiser and caller see a flop getting great odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree that it would be 'out of line' to 3bet TT or AQ OOP versus a raise and a call. These hands are ahead of both of their ranges, yet do not particularly want to see a flop OOP. Raising will usually win the pot outright or get heads up with a good SPR and minimal postflop play where you are positionally disadvantaged.

The same is true of your hand. You are ahead of everyone's ranges, but don't particularly want to see a flop OOP. A push is best.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: QQ in SB facing raise and possible squeeze....whats my line??

Ok, well consensus here seems to be ship it in, but I cold called thinking that w/pos was the stronger play, and would probably fold out everyone else and play heads up.....[censored]was I wrong, now I have a mess on my hands here with a pretty drawy flop/big pot/and an overpair. What is our line and why??

SB: $25.10
Hero (BB): $56.30
UTG: $27.95
CO: $25.00
BTN: $23.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.50</font>, Hero calls $4.25, UTG folds, CO calls $3.65, BTN calls $3.65

Flop: ($18.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero??