Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Detroit Poker question

I'm gonna be in the Detroit area next week and I need some poker. Now, I'm well aware that Greektown generally sucks, but I was thinking about hitting the Wednesday evening tournament. Anyone played it? 15 or 20 minute rounds? Does it generally fill up? If so, how early do I need to get there to get a seat?

Now, assuming that I only go to Greektown once for that tournament, any opinions on Motor City vs heading to Canada? How long does it take to get across the border around 4:30pm? Playing either 1-2 or 2-5 most likely.

Thank ya.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Detroit Poker question

I'm pretty sure it's 15 min levels but i'm not positive. It always fills up, so don't worry about that. 50+15 and super fast levels is pretty freaking lame. You might as well play the slots because after 2 hours it turns into a all in fest at 2000/4000 blinds. The floor at Greektown are jerks, so just play the cash games at motor city. They have 1/2 200 max nl.. You can go to Windsor, but I don't know if it's worth the time. The tournaments are way better but I'm not sure what time they go on Wed's.. They have a 1/2 game but only 100 buy in.. 5 max rake with no bbj, so you save a little money over the Detroit rooms..
Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 AM

I haven't been to Canada in a year, so I can't help you there. MC usually has 5 of th e$1-2nl going, however on a Wed. they may only have 4 'cuz of the O8 game. They also usually have 2, $2-5 games going as well.

They sometimes run sit and go's on poker pro's...$60
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 AM

Last time I was in windsor (12 months ago) they held a daily turney at 10am I think - either $50+5 or $100+10 IIRC.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 PM

u think this weekend will have some juicy action at motor city or greek town? thinking about making a trip down there for the first time just for labor day.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:51 PM

I doubt that this weekend will be or was any different than a normal weekend