Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 PM

Default FTOPS #7 6max-AK

20-40. 3k effective stacks. I'm in sb with AK off.

folded to Cut-off who has been somewhat aggressive. he raises to 120. button calls. he seems to be loose-ish but we haven't been playing long.

i make it 480. only button calls.

(~1100)flop K Q J rainbow.

hero?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: FTOPS #7 6max-AK

no answers yet, but i'm bored. I led out for 880. thoughts on betting here or checking? size?

villain calls.

turn is a Q. hero?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Lol, the reason this probably got no responses is it's a totally [censored] spot.

I mean the Q isn't a bad card for you, makes QQ less likely, counterfeits KJ if he's bad enough to call with it pre. I think you see a chopped pot a lot here. I think your stuck jamming turn.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, the reason this probably got no responses is it's a totally [censored] spot.

I mean the Q isn't a bad card for you, makes QQ less likely, counterfeits KJ if he's bad enough to call with it pre. I think you see a chopped pot a lot here. I think your stuck jamming turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, i posted because it is a really weird spot. i'm not sure if there is any merrit to checking the flop to try and protect the stack. any decent player is gonna be able to get it all in by river if we're beat.

i figured K J was counterfeited and i might get looked up by K 10 or something like that.

i pushed, he timed down. typed in the chat - "this is so sick. I think you have AA. if you have a boat, nice bet. let the timer run and then called with Q 10.

lol donkaments.

by the way, this isn't a bad beat post. I really am stumped on what to do on the turn here vs an unkown who i'm pretty sure isn't a strong player. also, does anyone play the flop different?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:56 PM

I would have played the whole thing the same way, with virtually identical bet sizes pre and on the flop. Crappy spot, I don't think you can get away from this hand here.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 PM

I just push the turn. There is 2700 in the pot and you have 1600 left, so just push and pray.

I am not crazy about that fold, but you have to bet it. If you hadn't gotten the reraise in preflop, you could play more cautiously.