Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: 15-30 omaha limit high hand. 2/3 structure

[ QUOTE ]
i have two draws, plus two overs, i am calling here all day.

i must admit, i probably suck at omaha, but i didn't drive all the way to MCC to fold a flush draw+OESD+two overs.

ps, nice picture

[/ QUOTE ]

As you know, Im not really good at Omaha but heres the mental model I have now constructed for this situation.

If a good player bets this flop and another good player raises this flop, then I think we have an easy fold becuz the combination of a set and a nut flush draw being out, and the problem that KQ could be in someone else's hand is just too high. Plus those times I do coldcall and hit the turn, the chances I collect any river bets from these guys will be very low cuz it will be very obvious that I have a straight so my implied odds are not very high either.

If an overagressive player bets this flop and another overagressive player raises this flop, then I think we have an easy call becuz our flush draw will be live very often, I wont have to beat as many redraws should I hit the turn and my implied odds are good cuz these guys will pay me off with very little.

If the flop action involved a bad player and a good player then I dont know what to do.

In the actual hand I folded the flop, and I think it was a mistake cuz both the flop bettor and the flop raiser were overaggressive bad players.

For those who care about the results, yes the turn was an offsuit 9 and yes my hand wouldve held up. So live and learn I guess.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against two maniacs/megafish this hand might be playable.

Otherwise this is an easy fold. You have six outs to the nuts and might be splitting if you hit and your hand holds up.

I would usually bet this flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have very little experience playing Omaha, but my poker sense tells me that if you have a draw that is not strong enough to coldcall a flop raise, and a semibluff bet will never will this pot UI, then betting out into this field cannot possibly be correct. So I feel like theres something wrong with your statement Autobet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a stonger hand to call a bet than to bet yourself, and you need a much stronger hand to cold call a bet and raise than to make an exploratory bet with a marginal hand. This is true in any form of poker and is not unique to Omaha.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM

Autobet, the gap concept doesn't fully work with omaha, and it certainly doesn't work with limit.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have two draws, plus two overs , i am calling here all day.

i must admit, i probably suck at omaha, but i didn't drive all the way to MCC to fold a flush draw+OESD+two overs.

ps, nice picture

[/ QUOTE ]