Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: 117k poker tracker stats..

[ QUOTE ]
There a bunch of archieved posted by "Guthrie" talking about the exact same thing and he gets frustrated because no one tells him how to get his numbers up, they just tell him to do it. I pm'ed him, but no responce

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm, maybe Im just stupid but what's the big deal with getting your VPIP higher?
You posted some examples of being more aggressive pf yourself, if you follow these, this obv. will cause an effect?
In genereal, I#d consider the improving in blindstealing and -defending and playing aggressive preflop in MP and LP (e.g. knowing when to open-raise even with a marginal hand, iso-raises or reraises etc.) the key factors.
Most of these are adjustments that are to some extent player specific (and therefore arent chartable) and require some "shorthanded thinking" so the easiest way to get used to it would be to try that for a while or at least read some stuff about it.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 AM

Lots have been said in this thread, except this: kudos on posting stats with a decent sample size!

Buzz
Old 05-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Kerowo and others, many thanks, I will tryout and let you know how it goes. In SSHE it has hands listed as "play" hands are you suggesting they are raise hands if opening? Or in other words in EP it states call with A9s to A2s with limpers in front, do you open raise without limpers? Or do many of the calling become raising hands without limpers in front? Thanks in advance. By the way my play is not terrible with 18/7, in 3000 hands I am up 100 BB.

I would have posted hands before but I can not find a hand converter for WPEX, does anyone have one?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:25 PM

The only way to learn sometimes is to get knocked upside the head. You come into an internet forum and ask for help. What the [censored] do you expect? You want people to [censored] hold your hand? This is poker. If you want to learn, the school of hard knocks works best, not this feel good, be nice and cuddly hippy [censored].
Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM

Coffee maker on the fritz this morning Bilge?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Bilge, read this whole post, the OP is believed to be a bot or a bot operator and people are "embracing" him, join, participate etc. I look at things differently, I want to learn how to drive the car not crash the car, crashing is easy. I am learning and asking, I think the "teaching the kids how to swim by throwing them in the lake is pretty old school today" but you can try it with your kids, just not my style. So your constructive advice is you must sink before you swim, be a big boy and get over it.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:48 PM

OK, he had his chance. What a waste of a thread.

[ QUOTE ]
kickbanlockdeletethread pls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-08-2007, 04:06 PM

no timeframe offered on the 117k?

'kickbanlockdeletethread pls. '
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM

I think you missed the point of my post almost entirely. Sink or swim had nothing to do with it. "your a big boy get over it" about nailed it on the head though.

Most people come into this forum and want an immediate fix to their poker problems. So they make a post (usually without reading the faq) and expected this cure all method to fix there game. Then they get pissed when someone tells them their not only screwing up, but their not asking the right questions. They can't take the criticism. [censored]. Well if you can't take the criticism, you better find a new [censored] hobby, your not going to get any better at this one.

So what I'm saying, if someone corrects you or tells you your wrong, need more stats, need to grunch more, are to tight preflop, don't just bristle up over it and blow them off or get defensive. Take there advice, learn from it and move on. I am well aware you have only played 5k hands and it would take forever to get to the point folks recommend for stats. There have been numerous posts in this thread recommending what to do in the mean time, but your just not listening.

If this is not you, then great welcome to the forum. I hope you get something out of your time here.

My recommendations:
-read faq
-read the micros library
-play some poker
-grunch some hand posts
-when you get some advice stfu and listen
Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bilge, read this whole post, the OP is believed to be a bot or a bot operator and people are "embracing" him, join, participate etc. I look at things differently, I want to learn how to drive the car not crash the car, crashing is easy. I am learning and asking, I think the "teaching the kids how to swim by throwing them in the lake is pretty old school today" but you can try it with your kids, just not my style. So your constructive advice is you must sink before you swim, be a big boy and get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

chill out sparky, he was responding to buzz-cp. And I think it was high time someone put him in his place too. nh bilge. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]