Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: blind steal/blind defense.

[ QUOTE ]
Not a good hand to defend with.

Not a good flop to mess with. Those cards hit his range way too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

? How is this not a good hand to defend with?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:04 PM

Because of this:
[ QUOTE ]
He stole my blinds 4 times in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with this:
[ QUOTE ]
Not a good hand to defend with.

[/ QUOTE ]
But I do agree with this:
[ QUOTE ]
Not a good flop to mess with. Those cards hit his range way too often.

[/ QUOTE ]
And definitely don't put in anywhere near that many bets. Also, I'd be real tempted to fold the river.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Defending your blinds against an aggro stealer is not about spewing chips with marginal hands. It's about folding weak hands, getting to showdown with marginal hands, and making villain spew chips when you have a strong hand.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 AM

Your defense range should depend on villains range and the rake.

Since you didnt post any reads I assume that villain is unknown. With the high rake at 0.1/0.2, folding A4o will not affect your winrate a lot.

Against an aggresive stealer you should definetely defend with A4o against the button. In fact I would defend with my top 65% HU against a player who steal more than 35%.

About the hand. The bet/3-bet on the flop is spew. You dont have eq and he is not folding a better hand. The turn donk is silly as well. He is not going anywhere and your draw is weak. By the river your only chance of winning is betting, but I dont think he folds enough to make it worthwhile.

c/f flop. As played c/f turn. As played c/f river. You really messed this one up.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 AM

If he really stole your blind often recently you might really defend with A4. But then please 3-bet preflop.

As played, flop is pure spew. As played, I c/f river. I might c/c river with a read.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f flop. As played c/f turn. As played c/f river. You really messed this one up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 AM

It's not terrible to defend with. I just don't like playing unsuited Ace-little type hands. I would just wait for a bigger hand if I suspect he's stealing, and open up with 3town.

It's much better for metagame if you can pick up a really solid hand in the BB and really make him spew against it. After you get to showdown and he sees you are 3banging and raising with a legit hand, then you can abuse this image later by 3 banging hands like these, and narrow his stealing range and also pick up pots by 3banging and autobetting flops that miss him since he fears you have a big hand again. Also if you decide to defend with hands like 98 later on, and he plays back at you a little, get to showdown and you might win pots from him on low boards since he figures you have all overcards.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:58 AM

Slicer,

I am 3-betting any ace against this dude pre flop but really a .10/.20 game where this happens that often is not worth playing in. Find another table.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's much better for metagame if you can pick up a really solid hand in the BB and really make him spew against it. After you get to showdown and he sees you are 3banging and raising with a legit hand, then you can abuse this image later by 3 banging hands like these, and narrow his stealing range and also pick up pots by 3banging and autobetting flops that miss him since he fears you have a big hand again. Also if you decide to defend with hands like 98 later on, and he plays back at you a little, get to showdown and you might win pots from him on low boards since he figures you have all overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should overestimate the whole blind stealing at a limit like this.
Stepping up and 3banging preflop against someone who has picked on stealing your blinds might often be enough to stop people from stealing with all kind of trash.
Your whole metagame thing sounds quite nice but IMHO everything involved with blindstealing depends too strongly on your opponent to make good advice be so easy.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your whole metagame thing sounds quite nice but IMHO everything involved with blindstealing depends too strongly on your opponent to make good advice be so easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. The higher you move up (let's say FR 1/2 and above; .5/1 and above 6max), the more each hand you play from MP on becomes a "blindsteal". Considerations like the above are then pretty much standard and quite generalizable.