Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Animal cruelty and child molestation in AC land

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why anybody would bother with judgments or courts at all in an anarcho-state

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because arbitration firms would ally with credit agencies, banks, and security+insurance firms. Refusing to comply with a final judgement would then effectively ostracize that person from civilization.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're telling me arbitration firms....security firms...and banks....would work...together? Wow, de facto government much?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you afraid of? If "no government" is a fate too horrible to contemplate, then you should be relieved to find that someone will be in charge, telling you what to do.

I suppose you'd prefer to let your neighbors pick your insurance company, and be stuck with it for four years even if you hate it, and then hope that enough of your neighbors hate it enough to let you have a different one.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why anybody would bother with judgments or courts at all in an anarcho-state

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because arbitration firms would ally with credit agencies, banks, and security+insurance firms. Refusing to comply with a final judgement would then effectively ostracize that person from civilization.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're telling me arbitration firms....security firms...and banks....would work...together? Wow, de facto government much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, explain please?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they ARE harming others. every single day. the corporate capitalist system has been built on blood and exploitation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. And the "corporate capitalist system" requires government. Without government, there are no corporations.

[/ QUOTE ]

And without government there is no capitalism, blah blah.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So what are you afraid of? If "no government" is a fate too horrible to contemplate, then you should be relieved to find that someone will be in charge, telling you what to do.

I suppose you'd prefer to let your neighbors pick your insurance company, and be stuck with it for four years even if you hate it, and then hope that enough of your neighbors hate it enough to let you have a different one.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I ever express a fear of no government? Nice strawman. I was simply pointing out that firms working together as a de facto government is not anarchy.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they ARE harming others. every single day. the corporate capitalist system has been built on blood and exploitation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. And the "corporate capitalist system" requires government. Without government, there are no corporations.

[/ QUOTE ]

And without government there is no capitalism, blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can only have capitalism without government.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Then capitalism only exists in theory, and you pointing out examples of things today as "the free market at work" makes no sense.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then capitalism only exists in theory, and you pointing out examples of things today as "the free market at work" makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just matching your ridicilous exaggeration with one of my own, but the fact that you're willing to completely and totally reverse your position in a heartbeat reminds me of why I had you on ignore before.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just matching your ridicilous exaggeration with one of my own, but the fact that you're willing to completely and totally reverse your position in a heartbeat reminds me of why I had you on ignore before.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I reverse my position?