Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: GRE WOWOWOWO

Instead of studying for a History test I played poker all night and had a "perfect plan" to cheat off of this kid i know who is a history buff...yeah i got a 36
first test i got a D
there's ONE left in the semester
if i don't do good i'm pretty much [censored] (less than 12 credits) and i prob. wont be able to play lacrosse...
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM

Yeah I probably shouldn't started this thread so I apologize because this is all clearly my fault.
Obviously the key to winning is preparation and I failed to prepare properly. I was fully aware of this. However, I have my reasons for dedicating my time to poker that are not completely accounted for by "degeneracy".
Also, I sure as hell have not given up on physics, and by the way I got a great education at my university so haters just keep hating ur jealous.

edit: BTW I am making around $20-40 an hour at poker
Old 11-07-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I probably shouldn't started this thread so I apologize because this is all clearly my fault.
Obviously the key to winning is preparation and I failed to prepare properly. I was fully aware of this. However, I have my reasons for dedicating my time to poker that are not completely accounted for by "degeneracy".
Also, I sure as hell have not given up on physics, and by the way I got a great education at my university so haters just keep hating ur jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me this entire post is sarcastic.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me this entire post is sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

err... is that what u want it to be?

but seriously do u really think my 4 years of studying physics is worthless because i did bad on the GRE?
seriously? I don't think so, IMHO.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

err... is that what u want it to be?

but seriously do u really think my 4 years of studying physics is worthless because i did bad on the GRE?
seriously? I don't think so, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You claim to want to continue with physics but your GRE score is bad enough that you will need to do a LOT of work somewhere in a master's program to convince a decent grad school to let you in. This will cost a lot of money, on top of god knows how much you spent for Brandeis. Money which you certainly won't get making poker.

You might want to consider studying this time around.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:36 AM

ur right but the thing is my parents paid for my undergrad degree. Also, I am not sure, but I think it's possible to take the GRE more than once and only send the good score.
Does anyone know if this is true?

that's my plan. I'm going to stop playing poker soon (probably) and start physics stuff full time. though it's kinda hard because I am up 3k last 2 weeks which is pretty good earn rate for me and my hourly rate keeps going up.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ur right but the thing is my parents paid for my undergrad degree. Also, I am not sure, but I think it's possible to take the GRE more than once and only send the good score.
Does anyone know if this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can take the GRE multiple times, but it is likely too late to sign up for it this month. You will probably be able to take a year off before applying to grad school if you like, just take the GRE in a couple months (you will need some serious study time).
Old 11-08-2006, 04:27 AM

I don't understand why you don't take a year off school, if you aren't already, and study hardcore for this test if it is what you want to do. If it is primarily a knowledge test, as you say, there is no reason not to study hard for a significant amount of time and do quite well on it.

Also, studying and playing poker are not mutually exclusive. Manage your time better.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my parents paid for my undergrad degree

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'll never forgive them.