Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 02:24 PM

Default NHL picks 1/19

Lots of good bets in hockey tonight, feel free to join my picks or fade at will. Anyone else that is betting hockey tonight feel free to add your picks to this thread.

YTD (1-0)

Flyers ML -230 - Forsberg is out but Tim Thomas is scheduled to start for the Bruins and the flyers should have no problems taking this game down easily

Colorado ML -190 - The avalanche are on a nice win streak and are starting to work together greatly, Khabibulin returns for his first game back after an injury so he should be a little shaky in his first game back. Colorado has no problem outscoring the low scoring Blackhawks.

NY Rangers ML -200 - With the recent addition of Sykora the Rangers have been hot, the Penguins on the other hand just have nothing left to play for. With Ziggy Palffy retiring yesterday some of their offense is going to drop for sure.

Atlanta +125 - Great value here as the Kings are just plagued with injuries, Garon is supposed to start for the Kings tonight but he left last game early so who knows how he will be able to do in net. Without Demitra, Frolov, and Visnovsky I don't think the Kings have the firepower to hang with Atlanta especially coming off a huge win against Dallas last night.

Don't have time for write ups on these ones but im also on

SJ ML -150 (playing great hockey lately vs edmonton who hasnt)

Car ML -255 (no way the Islanders can keep up with this high scoring offense)
Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: NHL picks 1/19

about the kings: garon,frolov and vishnosky are reported playing tonight. (la times)
Old 01-19-2006, 07:04 PM

Edmonton +140
I like the Oil to rebound from a recent funk and out-skate the Sharks. Morrison is *hopefully* starting in goal.

Atlanta +125
I know the Thrashers played last night, but the Kings are riddled with injuries and who knows if Garon will start or even play well. I expect the Thrashers to come in with a lot of confidence after a big win in Dallas.

Flyers/Bruins Over 6.5 +121
Boston's goaltending is suspect and I believe Raycroft is starting. I see a 4-3 or 5-2 result...
Old 01-19-2006, 07:25 PM

NHLNut who u going for tonight? thanks for the info on the rest of those guys playing tonight...The big factor is Demitra who they will still be without.. Kovalchuk wasn't a factor last night vs Dallas so I expect him to come out and score a couple tonight.

Chris
Old 01-19-2006, 08:07 PM

I was going to wait for TheRake to post, so that I could buy back any that we agreed on [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but here goes:
buffalo +128
carolina -1.5 +117
njd/nash ov 5.5 +105 (I don't play a lot of totals, but I think this game will be freeflowing. A hunch more than anything)
atl +128 (it scares me that everyone likes this)
Old 01-19-2006, 08:13 PM

I think buffalo is the best bet. I would consider a reverse run line if I could.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:08 AM

I'm a big hockey follower, and bored with poker. So I've decided to take up betting on hockey. Nice to see talk of it actually going on in here. I'll be checking back often.

Tonight I went with
NYR -1.5 +160
Col -1.5 +160
Away total goals +6.5 -111

YTD: 0