Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-26-2007, 12:35 PM

Default NL 25 - 20k stats checkup - comments appreciated

hi guys, i have extensive limit experience and figured i'd try nl for a while. i am still getting used to the differences and would like some feedback. apologies in advance if i didn't host these very well. or, if there are more stats you'd like, or if i need to change some pt setting, please let me know. anyway lemme have it and thanks again!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: NL 25 - 20k stats checkup - comments appreciated

Without getting into it too deeply, your position stats shouldn't be so uniform throughout -- my UTG at 25NL is 10/10 for example, and button is 28/20 at 25NL. Definitely loosen up in the last two positions.

You could stand to up the PFR to about 10-11 if you're going to maintain a 16% vpip -- I personally run about 16/11 so it's certainly doable.

Blind steal % is okay but could even be higher, at 25NL people don't defend nearly enough, think about adding fold to blind steal to your HUD and attack people with 75%+ with anything every hand. Mine is about 42% fwiw.

Your went to showdown % is insanely low, I don't think I've seen one that low, you're losing value folding middle pairs in really small pots I'd imagine (JT on KJ782 or something).
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM

yea effen i agree with you - i almost thought the pt stats were off b/c if i'm stealing 31% blinds then how can my co and btn open stats be so low? and yes i am much looser in lp than in ep (raise a lot of stuff first in in co or btn that i'd obv fold pf in ep) so maybe there is some setting i need to change? although i will admit i am used to analyzing stats in a limit setting so maybe i just need more time to get used to this. thanks for your comments.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM

Play less hands.

What Effen said about Pos Stats 100%.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM

These posts are stupid...

Hi, im winning at a very reasonable rate, tell me my holes.

raise sb more, less calling.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM

hi coordi, thanks for the feedback, as someone new to nl i don't know what's a reasonable winrate or not, and any info you choose to give me is certainly most welcome. i almost took the winrate out of there since i thought it might sway responses, but even if it was losing i'd have put it in there once i got to 20k hands.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM

hi too eazy, thanks for your comments
Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 PM

loosen up in LP, you should be winning more money from back there, but 20k hands isn't a huge sample so those figures could be down to variance.

Looks like you are playing your big blinds very well, but you are losing more in the SB. Call less in the SB, and play less hands. you are running at 22vpip from the worst position at the table post-flop.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Loosen up big time in LP. You can play so many more hands in LP than you are.

FWIW, nearly every time I see a stats post the poster plays too tight on the button, IMO. I think that undervaluing position is a common mistake to make, especially when you come from limit.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM

HEY BBB,

long time no talk sorry i missed your IM, i was in class, hope boston is working out well for ya [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], GO pats, close game last night

anyways, as you've known, i'm not a big guy on stats, so i am not too sure about all these but i did find a few spots on top of what everyone has already said:

your Went to Showdown seems kinda low, i would classify you as weak tight if i saw you at my table (at NL25 or NL50 i don't really mind this, everyone is playing so bad and no one ever exploits weak tight anyways)

otherwise i think this is solid at NL25 (never really played NL 25 and haven't played NL50 in a long time, but i think i can still judge)

i don't think it's really necessary to loosen up as everyone said, the point of loosening up is to give up a smaller mistake PF and induce a worse mistake Post flop from your opponents, but at this level your opponents are making such big mistakes anyways there isn't too much of a point to loosen up...

also i would like to remind you to value overcards less OOP on flops than in limit poker,

otherwise congrats on beat this game for 5 ptbb/100, move up to NL50 plz :-p

IM me if you need anything