Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Most retarded tournament player ever

Her hand should have been killed for taking the cards off the table.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM

its funny that probably 80% of the people who flame him for calling KK would have instacalled themselves

sucks he gets the donkey title because he posted on 2p2 his thought process...he knew hellmuth had exactly aces, but hellmuth had quite a short stack compared to himself and shak (hellmuth 110k area, shak and richey over 500k each). so its not exactly easy to put shak on exactly aces either when you know someone has them...he did go on to say he didnt see shak (i think thats what he said), and in hindsight he probably should have folded but it was still a tough spot

im not defending the call im giving his reasoning
Old 11-03-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I find it very sad, and the worst part is that this behaviour is encouraged because it makes for good TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what's really sad. Hellmuth's reward for acting with zero respect for anyone ever is a pass to the TV table in this event (ESPN cut short the bubble because he was short-stacked 10 handed). And now, plain as you like, Sam Grizzle's on the next series of PAD because he is a douche. For no other reason. This is what it's come to.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Maybe he didn't see her, all I know is if he folded and a king hit, the people here would be singing a different tune. "That's why you never fold kings preflop, blah blah blah".
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM

I do feel bad for the guy, tough (but not impossible laydown) on what may have been his first WSOP table knowing it will be broadcast.

I'd probably fold though ONLY because of the circus act behind him.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:10 PM

What did they record that video on ? A 1982 Sony Beta-Max?

BTW. Didn't Shak finish 2nd in that?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I find it very sad, and the worst part is that this behaviour is encouraged because it makes for good TV...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what's really sad. Hellmuth's reward for acting with zero respect for anyone ever is a pass to the TV table in this event (ESPN cut short the bubble because he was short-stacked 10 handed). And now, plain as you like, Sam Grizzle's on the next series of PAD because he is a douche. For no other reason. This is what it's come to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you imagine hellmuths reaction if he was the dude with Ks in that situation ? I think the guy deserves alot of credit for keeping his cool I know I for one would find that very difficult

IMO this kind of behaviour should be punnishible in some way maybe a chip deduction or something along those lines. Im not saying everyone who jumps around or acts a fool should be punnished but I think its clearly needed for extreme cases such as this there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 AM

Why is it so bad for the guy, that they both acted like that ? I would prefer this kind of behaviour of my opponents when they are allin instead of of some chris ferguson style where i get as much information as when im playing online. I dont say you can be sure you are behind when hellmuth and the girl acting like that, but it can help cant it
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Thats the kind of girl I love. Really hot, possibly not the brightest melon in the world but probably has mad fun and lets the guy stay dominate. FU:
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

The guy who still couldn't muck his kings was pretty stupid too though...