Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Default tunica poker tourneys

does anyone have a link to tunica poker tournaments at the horseshoe, gold strike, and grand in august? Thinking about a weekend trip. thanks.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: tunica poker tourneys

Look into the Sam's club tourney on Saturday's at 11am. It's got an awesome structure and is only $100+30.

See my trip report that I posted, it'll give you some good details esp when BJJIII gets his trip report up and linked. He chopped that tourney for a big win!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:14 PM

http://www.msgaming.net/
Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 PM

landlord - how awesome is the structure and how many players?

100+30 isn't exactly a bargain on the juice. Although it's better than their even less-awesome 35+15's.

But there are 100+25's and 200+30's to be had elsewhere in Tunica.
100+30 isn't exactly as bad as it gets juice-wise but it certainly is enough to turn me off.

The Horseshoe Mon/Tue/Thu night rebuys are 65/40/40.
I think the initial buy-in might be 50+15. But even if it's 40+25 it's not so bad since you can pretty much count on a couple rebuys and an addon each tourney.
So that essentially makes them either a 170+15 or 160+25 on average.

I don't know about the structure at ST but I always found the structure of the tourneys at HS to be pretty good for the money.

Also, I really like the Wednesday night bounty freezeout tourney at HS.
90+15+25.
The last $25 goes into the 'bounty-pool'.
You get $25 cash for each player you knock-out (and I think there's one player chosen at random who has a bigger bounty attached to them).

On the MSGaming site I see that the Grand is running a Thursday 1pm bounty tourney for 80+20+15.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Are these structures listed anywhere online - or just the prices? (I'll read the above guy's TR).I played in a 100+25 tourney at the Gold Strike and the structure seemed way too fast - my M was never in the teens!!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:09 PM

There was $3k added to the pool so that was a wash for most of the $30 a head that was charged.

Blinds started at 25/50 and went up every 30 min. The tourney lasted ~7 hrs and was chopped at 5 handed, so there seemed to be plenty of play left when they chopped it up.

128 people ponied up the $130 on Sat and the field was uber weak. Some local internet pros/degens recommended this tourney to us over the $230 HS tourney. First place at ST paid $5,300. I really like ST, the cash games were softer and the tourney was a good one. If they had any decent traffic I could see playing there very often.

The Bounty freeze-out looks nice at the Shoe, I'd like to try it if I'm ever up there during the middle of the week.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Oh yeah, you started w/ 4k in chips.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
landlord - how awesome is the structure and how many players?

<font color="blue"> when we played in it there were 128 people. this tourney is only for one more week. i think july 28th is the last day </font>

100+30 isn't exactly a bargain on the juice. Although it's better than their even less-awesome 35+15's.
<font color="blue"> the tourney he is talking about they add $3K to the prizepool. They are simply adding more entry fee to compensate for the $3K added </font>
But there are 100+25's and 200+30's to be had elsewhere in Tunica. <font color="blue"> sure there are </font>
100+30 isn't exactly as bad as it gets juice-wise but it certainly is enough to turn me off.
<font color="blue">the lack of compentent players and the $3K added makes up for the extra $10 in entry fees </font>
The Horseshoe Mon/Tue/Thu night rebuys are 65/40/40.
I think the initial buy-in might be 50+15. But even if it's 40+25 it's not so bad since you can pretty much count on a couple rebuys and an addon each tourney.
So that essentially makes them either a 170+15 or 160+25 on average.
<font color="blue">havent played these before. </font>
I don't know about the structure at ST but I always found the structure of the tourneys at HS to be pretty good for the money.
<font color="blue">I would much rather play the players at SamsTown rather than the players at the 'Shoe DUCY? </font>
Also, I really like the Wednesday night bounty freezeout tourney at HS.
90+15+25.
The last $25 goes into the 'bounty-pool'.
You get $25 cash for each player you knock-out (and I think there's one player chosen at random who has a bigger bounty attached to them).
<font color="blue"> never played it before </font>
On the MSGaming site I see that the Grand is running a Thursday 1pm bounty tourney for 80+20+15.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font>
<font color="red">I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A SHOE MAN WHEN I WENT TO TUNICA FOR POKER ACTION, BUT FROM MY LAST VISIT I WILL CONTINUE TO GO TO SAMSTOWN FOR MY POKER ACTION. </font>
Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 AM

Reviving an old thread that I hit in a search -
Any up-to-date feedback on Tunica tourneys?
I'm going to be there Sat. Nov 3rd which is the 1st weekend of the month, so Gold Strike is running their $335 tourney. My friends don't want to gamble that big so we're considering the Grand's 100+25 at 1pm, then drive over the the Gold Strike. Do we need to get there early (like 11am early?) Is Sam's Town any better? Is everything different everywhere the first weekend of the month or just at GS?