Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: I made video of me playing 2/4 and 3/6

You call way too much.
Eg: the A8cc hand where you call pre, then bet the flop (why), then call the river, despite saying AT BEST you are chopping (when after he c/c the flop and leads the river he is HUGE)
Old 10-13-2007, 05:22 AM

1) If in your opinion that is a video of you 'running bad'...you dont run bad. I dont think theres a player on this forum that doesnt go through what you just did and much worse daily.

2) I'm sorry but you're not in a 'downswing'

I'm sorry if that comes across as rude but that was pretty painful to watch. You cold call way too much (the fact that your pfr is just over half your vpip should have told you this a long time ago). If you going to call with stuff like weak suited aces and 2gapper sc's you have to at least be thinking about trying to take the pot away from your opponent occasionally.

You give action to shortstackers with junk, even set mining against a SS's 3x raise is bad.

I really dont see the point of having every stat PAHUD has visible if all you doing is playing your own 2 cards and nothing else.

Do you have something against 3 betting without AA KK AK? I saw you re-steal once with 810ss, every other single hand you 3 bet was a premium hand, where plenty of other times a 3 bet would have been appropriate (you werent even 3 betting JJ to a button raise)

In general you just arent aggressive enough, maybe this wasnt the best vid to show off how you play but i'm just giving my input on what i saw. I hope things turn around for you OP and that you find a good coach that can help you out. All of the best
Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 AM

please dont post another video where you run bad. this reminds me way too much of my recent sessions and its difficult to watch..
jk

you play pretty well. the only thing i would do differently, is 3bet jj pre and cut down on calling with weak aces so much.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 AM

Hey ddubois,

Some initial impressions:

Your bet sizing needs work. Specifically, I think you bet too much when you are bet/folding. On that all-club flop (you have T9d np/nd), a smaller c-bet can accomplish the same thing that yours did.

You are not listening to your own reads. BB vs. SB: "I think he has some kind of Ace [when he checks 754r flop], but I'm not gonna try to bluff him off it [with my QJs)." WHY NOT? Fire!

You are missing obvious reads. The hand where you flop tp with AQ, and river top two, you are facing a MASSIVE fish. This should be obvious from his stats, if you haven't observed his play. You should've potted every street, even if the river was a blank.

You seem tentative, which is putting you in that no man's land between folding and raising. The 53s pf call is totally automatic IMO. The A4s turn call is acceptable, but you should be choosing between calling and RAISING, not calling and folding. You should also consider bluffing the river a fair amount if you call the turn, and he checks the river.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: I made video of me playing 2/4 and 3/6 *DELETED*

Post deleted by reup
Old 10-13-2007, 06:21 AM

Die scum bag [censored]
Old 10-13-2007, 08:31 AM

at 34min mark for AA vs 45 (top two) hand, are you leveling? Not sure but you said "god I run so bad" and also that you'd go all in even if he showed you his two pair. If he shows you two pair you know you have no fold equity so after you bet 22 his raise means all in and you cant call off the rest of your stack being invested for $22 there when you're 2-1 dog. Couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 AM

torrent file works now very fast...
Old 10-13-2007, 08:44 AM

fear blocks creativity, proceed to happy place.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 AM

This keeps making my Windows Media Player crash (it has all the updates and codecs needed). Anyone else having this happen from the MegaUpload download?