Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 07:09 AM

Default z32 fanatic article hand 3 ?

Hand 3: I was in the big blind for this hand with 9c 9h. Tikikid (1,545) minraised to 60 from MP and I just called. The flop was Qh 3h 7s. I checked, he bet 85 into a 135 pot, and I folded.

Commentary: After an unknown player in MP minraised, I just called out of the BB, hoping to flop either a set or an overpair. 99 is moderately difficult to play because there are often overcards on the flop, as there were here. When the villain bets 2/3rd pot, it’s a pretty easy fold. You really can’t call here because a Ten, Jack, King, or Ace will come on the turn or the river between 56% and 64% of the time, depending on how many of those cards the villain has. When the board has 2 overcards, it will be even more difficult to call, and you will potentially be calling larger bets with no idea where you are in the hand.

What you think guys about reraise 220-240 on the flop ?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: z32 fanatic article hand 3 ?

I don't really like reraising here to 220-240, just because we have no idea where we are in this hand. I had never seen tikikid before this hand so I'm not sure what his or her minraising range is here really. If villain has a Q or better here, they aren't folding ever.

I guess I just feel like we have no idea where we are, with no read on the villain, so I just avoid the spot all together. Against a regular with a tight image it might be good, but then again our 99 is basically nothing when we c/r here. If we get called we are done, so we are basically bluffing IMO.