Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 09:18 AM

Default shove or fold?

here's the scenerio

late in a live tournament, 13 players left(out of 78), top 8 get paid. Blinds are $2k-$4k w/ 300 ante (7 at table). $8100 in pot pre flop. i have below average stack of about $18k. Everyone is playing super tight as we approach the bubble. Blind stealing was very easy as no one put up a fight, for fear of getting knocked out.. The previous time i was on button i pushed and the blinds folded, i showed 2's. This time, it folds to me on button and I have A2o. chip leader was BB and I had SB covered. I shove, and get called by SB, who only has 15k left. he has 66. gg me after that. Now my question is, was it wrong for me to shove there? should I have folded? And was he right to put his tourney life on the line w/ 66?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: shove or fold?

No it was not wrong for you to shove. It was wrong to show 2's the previous time you were on the button. Obv its correct for him to call with 66 since he knows you're shoving so light.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: shove or fold?

Yes you were right to shove and he was definately right to call. Tourney life means nothing when you have no chips in front of you. The only thing you can do is stick it in and hope to steal the blinds or double through and get back in with a chance to win it.

Dont think of making the money always think of winning the tournament and to do that you have risk going out.