Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: have a FULL HOUSE, SMALLEST POSSIBLE, 4 bet river?!!!

in a cash game i INSTAFOLD this after that river action, here i had to think before folding.

my first thoughts were that im up vs 99s (9s full), since i didn't really think that QT checks that turn, but i have seen trips slowplayed to death in 10$ MTTs. i totally agree i HAD to bet that miracle turn, but i missed it (maybe cause i was like ZOMG free 2 outer me, and had few other tables going AND had people over, but still it was my mistake not to bet that turn).

it was 2k~ to call into 12K~ on the river to be exact.

i fold i have 2k stack with average being around 10K+, i call i have 14K+ stack, above average on a juicy table. (i love having bigger stack, well who doesn't)

~vlad

p.s. since they was a showdown, anyone cares as to what they had?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 PM

although its a good idea to bet this turn i don't think that changes this hand much. If either have trips/boat the money gets in on the turn, if the Q filled them they would have been there for it anyway. The only thing checking the turn did was allow for the Q to come off to possibly make a straight. There is a good chance you are beat here, i would say one of them could possibly have trips/straight but one of the others i would think is full. Admittedly it probably isn't the best move but i would probably call for 2 reasons. Average stack he says i 10k, folding leaves him with only 2k, he's damn near out anyway. Plus i don't think its that uncommon to see one guy with trips here and the other guy with a straight and you kick yourself for folding the boat...

Again, its probably the wrong move but i call
Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
although its a good idea to bet this turn i don't think that changes this hand much. If either have trips/boat the money gets in on the turn, if the Q filled them they would have been there for it anyway. The only thing checking the turn did was allow for the Q to come off to possibly make a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not betting the turn changes the hand completely. We make a ton more from a T when we bet the turn. We also might make some from a 9 before a river card comes off. Lastly, we don't give infinite odds to someone drawing to a 2 outter to beat us.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:37 PM

Zeeeebo!
My first inclination is to fold, but the only hand that beats you that makes any sense is the CO having T9. I think I'd rather call and lose with a full house than fold the best hand.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM

Grunching:
I'm thinking you have to call because you've done nothing to define your hand. For all we know, UTG is FOS because no real hand should be check-raising that river (he should be betting because he doesn't want the river checked down), and CO could just be overplaying a straight/AT/etc.

If someone was slowplaying T9, good for him. He probably gets all your money if you bet the turn anyways.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 PM

There are also possible straight and flush draws that are drawing dead and will often call a bet on the turn. I also hate giving someone with a 10 a free card to beat me, even though they have plenty of implied odds to call. Missing the turn bet was pretty bad.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Who is betting this that we beat
Tx - yes
strt - yes
two pair - often Yes w Q more so as noone has show any strengh
You are only beat by 5 hands and I don't see UTG checking river w TT 99 t9 t4 so UTG has TQ or we are ahead. CO may have checked TT 99 t9 t4 on flop and turn... and if so lets pay him off for his good play and move on.

I think you are likely ahead 50%+ and 4500 to call a 9000+ pot CALL
Old 05-04-2007, 03:20 PM

i ended up calling with my 44s, eventhou i can't beat any other fullhouse, only because if i fold i have no chance in advancing further in the tourney, but if i call and by any chance my hand is good i have a good shot at winning that tourney. i called they both had KJ for the nuts straight and i scooped 14K+ pot.

funny thing is that i bubbled with in 44th or so when my AA run into JJ and QQ all in preflop 3 way....Q hit obv. but that 44 pot def. helped me.

~vlad
Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
i ended up calling with my 44s, eventhou i can't beat any other fullhouse, only because if i fold i have no chance in advancing further in the tourney, but if i call and by any chance my hand is good i have a good shot at winning that tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it worked out for you, but this is a pretty bad reason to make a call.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:34 PM

i do understand that my hand is no good there like 90% of the times or more, but it was a MTT and with the stacks, pot, etc...i made the call on quick impulse. but like i said i INSTAFOLD my hand in a cash game there even after the 3 bet, no need to wait for the CO to put the 4th bet in.

i think i was just lucky there, thats all. thanks all for your analysis and advice

~vlad