Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: who is this girl

[ QUOTE ]
As I read some of these comments though I am extremely hurt that some people who dont know me would call me a bitch... I guess they can only make that conclusion because they dont what Im about or who I am...

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense. It's because... you're young, you're pretty, you're unattainable by creepy older folk (unless you wish to exchange sex for cash), you're Asian (many Americans harbor grudges against the successfulness of Asian people), you're playing a man's game, you're sharper than a lot of women, and it all counts against you.

The last time I heard a man (actually it was 2 men) call a woman a bitch, the woman was Asian, very beautiful, successful, and wanted nothing to do with them. She was their boss.

Get used to it and get over it quickly. Remember though that flirting comes with a price and it's not going to work on other women. Of course everyone would love to see you try!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 PM

hot
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
successfulness

[/ QUOTE ]this is where i stopped reading.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hot

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Stalker?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hot

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Stalker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i waited 25 pages for my first response. lol

nah, this girl is so hot, i had to finally post something on 2+2
Old 08-29-2007, 12:23 AM

thats only part of why some people call her a bitch, i think. although she was not rude to me personally, i saw her put down some amateurs for basically no reason. women, no less, at a ladies event. it made no sense..

one example: we have only been playing about 20 minutes. a woman comes and sits down in the empty seat on diane's left. one of the first few hands after that, diane is utg, but the new chick mistakes diane for the bb and raises out of turn. the woman realizes her mistake almost immediately and apologizes to the table, embarrassed. she is obviously playing this tournament for fun and is nervous. instead of just continuing, diane proceeds to embarrass her further by making a BIG show out of asking the dealer "did she just raise out of turn???". (it had already been clearly established to the table that she had and was aware of her mistake.) but this woman again sheepishly apologized, this time directly to diane. diane's response to her apology was to pick up her cards face level, look at them in disgust, and muck them, as if this woman had intentionally robbed her of her own possible raise. it was painful to watch, and it was awkward, since the rest of us were pretty much chiling and engaging in otherwise friendly feminine small talk.

i wouldnt classify her as a bitch, but she was def kind of abrasive to people. i didnt get what she was trying to prove... and i should mention she was very pleasant to the notable people at the table. she probably would not have said that to one of them..
Old 08-29-2007, 12:51 AM

man...unfortunately that sounds like another anecdote about her being bitchy. she looks like such a sweet girl though, anyone have any nice stories about her??
Old 08-29-2007, 01:09 AM

she flopped quads on someone, and busted them. person was upset and talked some [censored], but diane didn't say a word. i thought that was pretty good. made up a bit for some of the other stuff.

i should have added that in the beginning. anyway.. she is definitely a beautiful girl. and i thought she was a solid player. she was running our table. which is why it made less sense for her to be rude.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man...unfortunately that sounds like another anecdote about her being bitchy. she looks like such a sweet girl though, anyone have any nice stories about her??

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that Herabolos V guy can shed some light. Pretty sure they were an item a few years or so ago.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she smiled and said hi to me at commerce last week when i walked by her table. that was very kind, as i live alone and generally frighten women.