Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

Moneybookers FTW. I think any Canadian bonus whore has a tough go of it without an MB account.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 PM

can I set up a new MB account by next week and get the money in so I can deposit before the bonus expires?
Old 09-15-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can I set up a new MB account by next week and get the money in so I can deposit before the bonus expires?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's been a while since I set mine up, but I'm pretty sure the initial setup was quick. Funding it might be another story. There are 4 ways I know of to fund the account:

1) Bank Transfer (Wire)
2) CC
3) Cashout from a poker site
4) PokerSavvy

The bank transfer is a wire, NOT an EFT, so I believe it takes at least a few days, but I'm really not sure. Perhaps others can comment.

Credit Cards are hit-and-miss...they ask you if it's for gaming, you need to answer yes, and that means some won't work.

Some sites will let you cash out to MB without having deposited that way. If you check one of the first few posts in this thread I listed a few of those sites. I believe some of these were also somewhat hit-and-miss.

I started my account by using PokerSavvy points for MB cash. I subsequently made small deposits to poker rooms where I had money, then was able to cash out what I liked to MB. This may or may not be realistic in your time frame.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:56 AM

Opening MB takes under 5 minutes. As Bobo said the issue is funding it.

CC requires that you verify a deposit that unlike other amounts does not seem to show up for a few days. I also believe you need to verify it in Euros which means your screwed unless you CC shows that information.

The bank wire seems to complicated to bother with. When you factor in fees and time you are better off just using Western Union / MoneyGram which is much simpler and then just using MB as an e-wallet.

I followed Bobo's advice and went the PokerSavvy route. I got my $45 from them on Thursday. In the meantime though I discovered that Absolute would let me cash out to MB after funding the account with epassporte. So I already had funds in MB by the time PokerSavvy credited my account.

Once you have at least $10 in MB you can buy into Stars and then use MB as your e-wallet but get funds into MB via Stars or whatever you main site happens to be.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CC requires that you verify a deposit that unlike other amounts does not seem to show up for a few days. I also believe you need to verify it in Euros which means your screwed unless you CC shows that information.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was US$ for me, not Euros. I've never deposited to MB via CC, I only verified it for the limit increase, so it was not a prerequsite to my using the account. Since that meant it wasn't a rush for me, I just waited until I got my CC statement, which always shows both Canadian and US amounts for my US purchases.

However, if you wanted to deposit on MB via CC quickly, a verification would definitely cause a problem. The quickest method, as Henry mentioned, is to find a site that you have money on that will allow you to cashout to MB without depositing first.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Bobo, 2 things, thanks for the help.

Does Stars or Party let you cash out to MB first without depositing with them?

Also, for cashing out at Party, would it work to cash out in USD through MB and then have MB put that money into my USD bank account in Canada?

And also, I see MB has 100 euro refferal fee, if you want I could use your name and then we could split that 100 euros?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Bobo and other Canucks,

Two questions about sites:

(1)Has anyone successfully pulled money from an ipoker site (NoiQ) to their bank account via bank wire?

(2)Has anyone successfully cashed a Will Hill cheque at a Canadian bank?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobo, 2 things, thanks for the help.

Does Stars or Party let you cash out to MB first without depositing with them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I've heard of.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for cashing out at Party, would it work to cash out in USD through MB and then have MB put that money into my USD bank account in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cashing to MB will be fine of course, but I'm not sure about the bank transfer to a USD account. Maybe someone else has tried this and will comment.

[ QUOTE ]
And also, I see MB has 100 euro refferal fee, if you want I could use your name and then we could split that 100 euros?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had a few people use me as a referral (and thank you to them), but I've never tried a split. The problem is that it comes in dribs and drabs...literally $0.60 here, $1.20 there. I believe they give you a small piece of every fee they get, up to a max of 100 Euros. Not sure how long it takes to reach that amount, but I imagine it's quite a while! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pegboy, sorry, haven't tried either one myself. I'd love to hear from anyone who has though!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM

I've cashed out from Will Hill via cheque. Had no problems cashing it at TD Canada Trust (aside from the crappy exchange rate that all banks give).
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM

I hate to just jump in here and post without reading super thoroughly but this is the first time I've tried moving money in the post-Neteller era and I'm completely lost (feels like a new world order).

I simply want to move money from Stars/FTP over into Pinnacle in the least hassle possible

Can anyone give me heads up on an easier way then taking a check from snail mail?