Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

So do all the big money online players use some kind of tracking software?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Id kinda like to see how much money I make every day of the week. After a few months, get a pretty accurate idea what time or day I should play more and my expected $/h. Not that I dont know saturday night is probably better then monday afternoon, but it would be nice to see by how much its better.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:19 PM

That's in the current pt, I think one of the buttons like "more detail" on session tab
Old 07-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned. What about some detailed kind of filter where you can pull hands with a certain type of action. Like all hands where I have ATs OTB with one limper and I raise. Then say I want to see all of those hands where the limper donks the flop, etc. etc. It would be a great tool for evaluating the way you routinely play hands.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you checked out PAH's Aggression Frequency? This is a much nicer and easier to deal with number then Aggression Factor. PT3 will most definitely contain Aggression Frequency as well as any other stat currently available in PAH but not in PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have always used Aggression Frequency and I agree that it's better than PT's Aggression Factor. The preflop agression and looseness measures are fine, as is PAHUD's postflop aggression measure. A good, simple postflop looseness measure is what's needed. I suggest simply the percent of the time that a player calls bets postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply the inverse of Folds to <Flop/Turn/River> Bet which is already in PAH. What am I missing? The combination of this stat with Aggression Frequency should be more than sufficient, no?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the ranges to be aware of with this stat- what % is passive and what is agro- think I prefer the sound of this over agg factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my personal opinions but

Aggressive: 40+
Neutral: 30-40
Passive: Less than 30
Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second: Have you considered revamping your business model to include one or more team members who are dedicated full-time to developing the next major release of the product? I bought PT around 4 years ago, and today it is still version 2.xxxxx That is an AWFULLY long time to pass between major releases.

[/ QUOTE ]

The business model will be revamped for PT3. Currently, Pat does everything PT related. PT3 will involve Josh, myself and Pat to a much lesser extent.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the PT team spends most of its time fixing bugs, helping out with technical issues, and developing minor upgrades. While these items are certainly important, it is also important to understand that system development is a process and not just a one-time event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed and I think you will see a major change once PT3 is released.

[ QUOTE ]
Many others have suggested a small recurring subscription or license fee. I think that such a fee could be used to fund a full-time person dedicated to developing the next major release of the software. Most users would probably not object to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to stay away from subscriptions. While some may not mind, I think most would. I do not think its necessary at this point in time.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do all the big money online players use some kind of tracking software?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker is the standard online tracking software and is used by any serious poker player.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id kinda like to see how much money I make every day of the week. After a few months, get a pretty accurate idea what time or day I should play more and my expected $/h. Not that I dont know saturday night is probably better then monday afternoon, but it would be nice to see by how much its better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is already available in PokerTracker. Session Notes Tab -> More Detail... (upper right)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this has been mentioned. What about some detailed kind of filter where you can pull hands with a certain type of action. Like all hands where I have ATs OTB with one limper and I raise. Then say I want to see all of those hands where the limper donks the flop, etc. etc. It would be a great tool for evaluating the way you routinely play hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we'll definitely have more advanced filtering options for hands.