Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
although this certainly would make it more likely, there's still plenty of legit reasons, and the "I was staking my sister cause I'm rich and she wanted to play" is still completely possible given all the information you have found. You're going to have to find something cleverer to have proof. Personally, I like the timing idea that was mentioned earlier in the thread a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course this is not a smoking gun but it may be enough to arouse suspicion and initiate an investigation which could uncover other anomalies.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even cheaters have rights I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Slow down there for a sec. It's not established yet that he is a cheater. If he is found to be one and they still don't disclose his identity (which they may very well choose to do for all I know), then you can start complaining about it.

How would you like to be accused of cheating and your identity revealed when in fact, there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for your alleged cheat.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Slow down there for a sec. It's not established yet that he is a cheater. If he is found to be one and they still don't disclose his identity (which they may very well choose to do for all I know), then you can start complaining about it.

How would you like to be accused of cheating and your identity revealed when in fact, there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for your alleged cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke Lacrosse Rape Case?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM

Kurn, son of Mogh wrote:
"Uh, online poker is not illegal in the US."

While not all 50 states have laws against, eight US states have laws that specifically prohibit Internet gambling: Washington, Nevada, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, South Dakota, Michigan and Oregon.

I agree with many of the reply's that it would be much better to have the proper security in place, legalize, and have an oversight board.

I guess my main point was that while those that have an equity piece in pokerstars and full-tilt are collecting huge returns on their initial investment, they appear to have been very ineffective in the area of security and protection of the integrity of their games and tournaments.
If they don't get their act together, the anti "online poker" climate will get worse, not better.

All of the methods that have been stated in this thread regarding cheating have been around for years and as easy as they are to accomplish there has yet been measures installed to thwart them.

When Zee Justin pulled his multi-account cheat, the same comments were heard. That was about 2 years ago and his cheating methodology can still be easily accomplished on pokerstars and ftp.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 100% correct. My apologies. Just a little upset by the whole thing.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 PM

Ive heard that Play2Kill was Sander Lylloff, Marks friend and the guy who Won Barcelona
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it all the bad guys in poker are called Mark?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, Mark "the master" gwen, Mark "zeejustin" bonomo, Mark Arieh, Mark telsher ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Vos.... Mark Seif... yes, Mark Strahan....

[/ QUOTE ]

Marc Goodwin...

[/ QUOTE ]Mark Ivey

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Rousso
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 PM

Am I the only one that would sleep with Mark Rousso?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
although this certainly would make it more likely, there's still plenty of legit reasons, and the "I was staking my sister cause I'm rich and she wanted to play" is still completely possible given all the information you have found. You're going to have to find something cleverer to have proof. Personally, I like the timing idea that was mentioned earlier in the thread a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course this is not a smoking gun but it may be enough to arouse suspicion and initiate an investigation which could uncover other anomalies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Funkii saying what we were getting at proves nothing by itself - but reiterate points alon and I have both made in the thread that it raises the flags necessary to get to these other details and put them in perspective.

For example- I would say a claim that my sister won an event (her first ever played) funded thru methods used to fund my own account and played from my same address takes an even bigger hit in credibility when combined with a past history of sharing accounts or other various breaches of Stars t&c and Eulas.

If a player shares his name account with other players and then "has his sister play from his same address", a history of bad acts can be a factor in something like this.

Something about if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... (Unless you play at Absolute)

I'm just trying to find some perspective for those saying "you cannot prove his sister wasn't playing"- and for the clownish reply in the Stars email posted earlier here.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:07 AM

Having read much of the speculation in this and other similar threads, I feel compelled to clarify a couple of points.

1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

Having stated the above, there are still serious open questions that require the investigation to continue.

Rest assured that the purpose of this investigation is to ascertain the facts of the case in their entirety. The outcome that is reached will be based on those facts alone and no regard will be paid to speculation or outside pressures.

Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security
Closed Thread