Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Fossilman\'s Stars Account Hacked?

Fossilmans account was playing an account in heads up sng's called Ikeyrson earlier tonight.. they played all the way from $100 up to $5000... First hand it would be raised to 1480 and called... Then Fossilman would fold after the flop.

Pretty stupid behaviour by the hackers. Did they really think play like that wouldn't be noticed?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Fossilman\'s Stars Account Hacked?

If you're smart enough to hack someone's account and have it go unnoticed (ie: chip dumping that looks very realistic) - then you likely are smart enough to beat the game yourself, and you wouldn't jeopardize that by hacking someone's account and getting perma-banned.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:27 PM

BBV thread is down the street....
Old 03-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Check out Ikeyrson's sharkscope...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:33 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 PM

I remember when I kept moving in blind to you in a $1k sitngo and 6 tabling heads up thinking it was the $22 headsup tourney. I just wanted to get allin so I could focus on the $1ks :-)

Then you found KT and called and it was no good, and I won $1k. :-P Maybe Greg was doing same thing?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember when I kept moving in blind to you in a $1k sitngo and 6 tabling heads up thinking it was the $22 headsup tourney. I just wanted to get allin so I could focus on the $1ks :-)

Then you found KT and called and it was no good, and I won $1k. :-P Maybe Greg was doing same thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Marvellous. Thanks for reminding me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Yes, my account was hacked. I had been playing earlier in the day, as I had VIP matches at 11am, 12pm, and 1pm. I then was playing the weekly TLB match against Shaun Deeb at 2pm. I did play all those matches, failing to cash in all the VIP matches, but managing to win in the TLB match, where I played heads-up limit 5-card draw for the first time ever. I have played some limit 5-card draw before, but not HU.

Anyway, I then went upstairs to watch my buddy Rocco Mediate on TV as he was trying to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational Golf Tournament (he finished 2nd to a super-hot Vijay Singh), and I then went to the driving range. While there I got phone calls from my Dad, my wife, and PokerStars security. So, I rushed home and dealt with things.

It appears that this ikeyrson bastard managed to guess my password after making multiple attempts. He then played like an idiot as you are all aware, blatantly dumping chips from my account to his account. Based upon dozens of emails sent to PokerStars security, they jumped in and froze his account. So, all of my money will be returned, and he gets nothing. PS isn't allowed to tell me this guy's real name (if it is his real name, whatever it is he used to create his relatively new account). If anybody out there finds out who it is, feel free to share his name. I'll be more than happy to try and make sure that every online and live poker room in the world bars him permanently.

So, in summary, account hacked, hacker caught and account frozen, all money safe, I really did go only 1-3 this morning/early afternoon in my VIP and TLB matches.

Thanks to all of you who helped me by alerting PS security.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

P.S. - lol hackerments
Old 03-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Glad to hear everything will be okay Mr. Raymer.

How many times can you guess someone's PW before it's red flagged?

And, how did he guess Raymer's PW? I have no idea, was it something someone could figure out if they knew Raymer? Or is it one of those PW's like gh8mngods0j54 that makes no sense to anyone and he cracked it anyway?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:47 PM

lol hackerments

Glad everything is alright Greg.