Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Am I being scammed or have I already?

I don't usually post in this forum but I knew you guys would have experience with this type of deal. So I've been in contact with Bodog, whom I haven't played with in years. Seems there has been recent activity on my account using credit cards that aren't issued to me. Now, long story short, my account has an outstanding balance of $500.

My first question is does Bodog allow ppl to have a neg. balance in their account? I play on FT and if I don't have $ in my acct, I don't play. Secondly, why don't they just charge the credit cards that the thief has been using?

I have run a credit report and there are NOT any c.c. issued in my name that I'm not in possession of. I asked the Bodog rep what happens now and he basically said that they would take it from my bank acct. I am not sure that they even have that information, I don't remember giving it out.

I'm interested to see what you guys think and if this has ever happened to anyone else.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Am I being scammed or have I already?

First thing I would do is contact your bank to deny such a transfer.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:11 PM

i deposited money on bodog from bank account onto bodog a couple years ago turned out i didnt have enough to cover it. after the 2 weeks it takes them to check these things i ended up with a neg. number in my bodog account.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:35 PM

I've never played on a site that allowed me to play before the funds cleared, that I know of. Also, I contacted my bank and they said if they draft my account all I can do is... drawing a blank on the term...but fill out a form to appeal it.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:39 PM

just move your money out of that account for now and tell them its empty and they can go [censored] themselves
Old 11-23-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never played on a site that allowed me to play before the funds cleared, that I know of. Also, I contacted my bank and they said if they draft my account all I can do is... drawing a blank on the term...but fill out a form to appeal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. If they do happen to take the money somehow you can have an ACH stop payment issued on the transaction. This will immediately send the transaction back to Bodog's processor as "Unauthorized" You will have 60 days after the posting of this transaction to do this so time frame shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM

If everything you are saying is true then someone got you user name and password and used stolen credit cards to fund your account. They then played as you and lost the money to their real account.

The real credit card holder complained and the credit company charged the amount back to Bodog putting your account into a negative.

Bodog has the IP of the person who used your account.

They can't just go into you bank account and take the money.

This assumes everything you posted in your first post was true.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If everything you are saying is true then someone got you user name and password and used stolen credit cards to fund your account. They then played as you and lost the money to their real account.

The real credit card holder complained and the credit company charged the amount back to Bodog putting your account into a negative.

Bodog has the IP of the person who used your account.

They can't just go into you bank account and take the money.

This assumes everything you posted in your first post was true.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded part is absolutely correct. Not only can they not take money out of your bank account via ACH without approval, it would actually be a crime for them to try to do so in most jurisdictions. It sounds like they're just trying to bully you. Send them an email telling them it wasn't you on the account, that you no longer player there, and to close your account. Then feel free to ignore them after that. If you do notice a debit on your bank account, contact your local authorities, and contact your bank.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM

This is a good point. Also would keep an eye on your credit report via annualcreditreport dot com. I've heard from other people that Bodog has been sending threatening "collection" style letters and emails requesting funds from situations like these. They have threatened to report to credit bureaus. Although I'm not really sure they actually can. Better to be on the safe side though.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:37 PM

Btw, Bodog shares user information for these type of things with some othersites. I don't know exactly which ones but I know if you have an account at UltimateBet/AbsolutePoker they are going to freeze your account so if you have any funds there you probably will want to withdraw ASAP.