Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Dario Minieri is just wayyy too good

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c.) Dario is a great SNG player.
d.) Good chance your thought is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

laughable
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM

this hand isn't really that bad for Dario. If he had KJ he probably would've pushed preflop tho
Old 10-29-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It was level 1 in a sng, why are you persisting with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if its even worth the argument, but the very fact that it was level 1 in the SNG is what made his push terrible... Late in the tournament, I don't say a damn about the push, its completely standard, but it was so early to donkey-shove his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a heads up SnG right?

His shove isnt close to terrible. It isnt really all that standard at the same time but he has probably balanced his range and would play 88-AA and any K the same way.

Basically there is a LOT of FE and the calling range you have he has a solid chunk of equity against.

Its far from a donkey shove and blind size at this point in the SnG is irrelivent.

Also, your 3 bet w 78s is probably the most non-standard thing in the hand.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:45 PM

the fact that dariominieri has had tons of experience playing 5000$ hu(he and leemur1 used to balla it up all the time before the turbos came in) makes me wonder what your problem is
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It was level 1 in a sng, why are you persisting with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if its even worth the argument, but the very fact that it was level 1 in the SNG is what made his push terrible... Late in the tournament, I don't say a damn about the push, its completely standard, but it was so early to donkey-shove his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf you reraised with 78s.

That means you would have raised with 9Ts, JTs, AQ, AJ, and tons of hands, ALL OF WHICH MISSED THE FLOP WHICH IS WHY HE PUSHED BC MOST OF THE TIME YOU MISSED THIS FLOP I CANT BELIEVE YOU PLAY $5K HU SNGS AND DONT UNDERSTAND THIS.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:04 PM

The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited. His FE there is actually pretty small, especially because this was the 3rd or 4th SNG that we had played and the action had been going fast and loose postflop. The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown).

Also, why are blinds and relative stack sizes irrelevant at this point in the SNG?

Ok, whatever, donkey-shove is maybe harsh. I was just surprised that he would push that hand in this spot where he realistically has very little FE.

Gotta love BBV... posters takin' a break from the 1/2 grind to tell me I have no place at the 5K SNGs.. (I mean, I probably dont, but meh)
Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited. His FE there is actually pretty small, especially because this was the 3rd or 4th SNG that we had played and the action had been going fast and loose postflop. The only hands that I reasonably have in this spot that I maybe lay down are JJ, QQ, and AQ (obvious laydown).

Also, why are blinds and relative stack sizes irrelevant at this point in the SNG?

Ok, whatever, donkey-shove is maybe harsh. I was just surprised that he would push that hand in this spot where he realistically has very little FE.

Gotta love BBV... posters takin' a break from the 1/2 grind to tell me I have no place at the 5K SNGs.. (I mean, I probably dont, but meh)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you tihnk he called pre w/ 63 to try and hit 2pr+?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 PM

Dario is also rich and therefore doesn't play scared....and if you look at the hand he played it like any other time in similar situation.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so standard.

WTF why are you playing this level if you're complaining about a hand like this

[/ QUOTE ]

he is ultra aggressive, this is super standard, please dont post this weak sauce
Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is that I rarely 3bet preflop, so to him, my range should really be pretty limited. His FE there is actually pretty small, especially because this was the 3rd or 4th SNG that we had played and the action had been going fast and loose postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seem to contradict urself, no?