Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 AM

Default It\'s a tarp NLTRN

I'd raised my button the first 7 hands. Opp called the first few, this is the second time he reraised to 160(folded to the first one).

Poker Stars, $22 + $1 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): 1,360
BB: 1,640

Pre-Flop: (30) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 60</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to 160</font>, Hero calls 100

Flop: (320) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (320) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 220</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to 1,480 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: 760 Pot
BB mucked and WON 760 (+380 NET)

I'm always suspicious of three bettors who check the flop. Is betting the flop here standard - I'm committed if he raises and not super thrilled about getting it in. How bout the turn?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: It\'s a tarp NLTRN

His flop play is a little suspicious, but I still think you should bet. BB sometimes has a small/medium pocket pair here and even if he check-raises, I think pushing is okay for you. Also his PF play might've been a reaction to your PF raising, he could've been trying to keep you honest with your preflop raises, and then he got scared on the flop.

I bet on this flop.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:32 AM

I think I would have bet on this flop, but I would be glad to hear from some more experienced players.

Also, do you think villain always have TP+ after his turn c/r?? donīt he ever do this with an OESD worst FD,or a worst 8? because if he does than i think we would have to call his turn shove getting over 1.5-1
Old 10-26-2007, 04:46 AM

What about pretty insane option of pushing the flop for a significant overbet? It seems insane, but look at it that way. If you do that, he won't checkraise you on a bluff, which might be the best hand with AK. You also don't want to call his checkraise, knowing that you have the worst hand or if he has AQ, a coin flip, JJ, TT, he probably calls because he puts you on a draw, but it is still a flip. He doesn't have any fold equity that way. Seems reckless, but it is probably good. You deny him fold equity and if he calls, it is probably a coin flip, or if he has kings or aces, it is still not the end of the world.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure if the turn fold was right. He def has air some percentage of the time - I'm not sure about a worse made hand though (like an 8) - that seems pretty unlikely.

Overbetting here isn't crazy. It's probably +EV and would have turned out to be better than what I did. However, I'd like the idea 50 times more if I was OOP. I feel like I should be able to use pos to my advantage here somehow as I have pretty well disguised flush draw.