Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 AM

Default two more overpair checkups

so i've gotten good at creating big pots, apparently
another checkup -- are these both fine w/you guys?

1/2 fr
villain is an lp donk like 50/5

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

1/2 fr for this second one also
no reads on villain - he just sat down
whee or ew?

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: two more overpair checkups

Both look standard to me.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 AM

babar,

i think both are fine. i assume you 3bet the flop more often on less junky boards? are you bailing if 3bet on the turn (esp. in hand 1 where that turn card is pretty ugly)?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
babar,

i think both are fine. i assume you 3bet the flop more often on less junky boards? are you bailing if 3bet on the turn (esp. in hand 1 where that turn card is pretty ugly)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the flop in hand 1 really not that junky? 794 rainbow doesn't seem like something to be too scared of. CO has cold-called two, 3-bet to trap him for another.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:56 AM

Hand 1:

3 bet the flop. Turn gets more difficult to play given what fell, but I would still lead and call down if raised.

Hand 2:

I like this better than hand 1 because it is HU. Looks fine to me.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 AM

BBB just curious, against certain opponents do you ever consider taking a line like this with AK/AQ UI?

reasoning: if i was playing villain's hand this way, i would be like, "this is always an overpair, fold the turn unless i have odds for 5 outs" and of course you could exploit that
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM

tyler - yes, i try to mix it up some but in general i'll 3bet more immediately on crap boards. and yea it's not a great card to do that on, but i thought it did lessen the chance that he actually had a nine.

kit - yes, sometimes as semibluffs and sometimes when i tilt. so far at this site people aren't very foldy so these lines aren't super effective with air. if i went to stars maybe they'd work better.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tyler - yes, i try to mix it up some but in general i'll 3bet more immediately on crap boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find this puzzling. typo?

my thinking is that a raise on a wet board is more likely to be a draw, so i want to 3bet now while we're ahead and also because villain will often take a free card if we check to him on the turn.

a raise on a dry board is more likely to be a made hand, and if villain thought it was good enough to raise on the flop, he'll usually bet it on the turn too, making a c/r more viable and more attractive.

n'est-ce pas?

edit: french.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:28 PM

yes sorry, i meant crap like dry, as opposed to drawy/wet
Old 10-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Hand 1: 3bet the flop, this is not the time to get cute here unless you have a real strong read on this guy, then i would like the turn play as many hands will call you down here. Turn is a little FPS. Bet out a call down from a raise.

Hand two FOR sure 3 bet the flop as you really don't want to see a K or A here as it kills your action and your cofidence.