Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Oden done for year

[ QUOTE ]
Won't this work out beautifully for the Trailblazers when next year they have another top 4 pick and Greg Oden coming in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worked for the Spurs...

-McGee
Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its actually hilarious, my roomate is a huuuuuge blazers fan, we all rag on him for liking the nba cuz lets be honest the nba pretty much sucks right now. he was so happy when the blazers won the lottery and now he is so sad and i am so happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how does the nba suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you watch the finals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch the rest of the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, I watched the Spurs never have to face the Suns on the road to their 2nd asterisk in 8 years.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is serious, serious trouble.

I recall Ki-Jana Carter being drafted #1 overall by the Bengals in the NFL draft in the early 90s. During his first season, he faced a serious ACL injury and was never the same again. Because of that, he (unfairly) goes down in history as one of the biggest draft busts of all time.

Based on prior injuries and especially this, the future does not look well for Oden. Anybody remember Sam Bowie?

[/ QUOTE ]

How would that be unfair? I don't think it's anything against his work ethic etc. It's just simply saying he was drafted very high and the team didn't get anything out of him.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Whoever wants to argue against the NBA sucking is a moron. The NBA is w/o question barely better than the NHL.

Hold on, 50% of the league makes the playoffs? Teams tank the last 2 months of the season, for A CHANCE to get the #1 pick. Most of the teams play atrocious basketball.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 PM

btw I wouldnt be overly worried if I were a Blazers fan considering how well and quickly Amare recovered, but Im not sure if Id watch any Blazers games this year
Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Won't this work out beautifully for the Trailblazers when next year they have another top 4 pick and Greg Oden coming in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is a good point and shows a surprising degree of long term thinking that most of sports talk now lacks.

It's not like Portland was going to be great this year anyway. Tank for another year and get another good pick and then start from there.

(After I post this I'm sure someone is going to post saying that Portland already traded away next years pick.)
Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Its not like he has a life-threatening injury or cancer or something. The guy is still going to be making plenty of money to limp around for a year, I don't think its really that big of a deal to treat him like a piece of an organization rather than as a person with feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been reading his blog you'd know that he pretty much only cares about playing and being a kid and not so much about his bank account. So yeah, I treat him as a person with feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? He isn't going to die. He has to miss out on a year of basketball and is getting paid millions to do so. I think he'll manage. I've only got so much sympathy to spread around and I think I'll save it for others.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM

OJ Mayo/Derrick Rose/Mike Beasley
Brandon Roy
Aldridge
Oden
what a sick lineup
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PG Rodriguez
SG Roy
SF Batum or Budinger
PF Aldridge
C Oden
backups: Blake, Frye, Webster

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Yeah guys this is good for 2008/09, but PTown can't deal with another [censored] year in a row.